Who ever played a tournament practically asleep?

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I most definitely fell asleep during a tournament I registered a game on 888 at 1.30am and I ended up in lala land. When I woke up I realised I was blinded out and winning 8c or something like that.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to aviod playing MTTs late in the evening. Even if you manage to stay awake, its just not a nice experience to be stuck with one or more MTTs, when your body just wants to sleep. And you are certainly not playing your A-game either. In fact its a big mystery to me, why so many people prefer to play late at night rather than in the daytime. And this is definitely the case, if you look at, when MTT activity peaks, and which timezones the majority of players are in. Sure on weekdays people are working, but its the same pattern in weekends.

DorJel7504

DorJel7504

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I played several during the night. In some, I fell asleep and when I woke up the tournament was almost over.:):):)

When I find myself falling off to sleep, I'll turn my laptop volume up, so when it's my turn, that buzzing will literally throw me out of my seat. After that, I'm good for the rest of the game.

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
zzzzzzz

i do find my self nodding off in some games in the wee hours-- but try to stay awake if near the money-- and i have been in heads up where other player fell asleep as well.
It seems to happen more during this zombie pandemic.

MarkAbrantes

MarkAbrantes

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yup, happned to me a few times. Once fell asleep in a $44 tourney on pokerstars as chipleader. A friend messaged me and woke me, asking why I was sitting out a $44 tourney lol

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a bad feeling, when i'm in chip lead or have final table chips and fall asleep and wake up to see the tourney finished and you placed out of final table or short in stack and get out. I definitely had this happen to me way more times than liked and try not to repeat this mistake. It seriously has cost me some money.