Who ever played a tournament practically asleep?

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was in such a situation, while I got a second wind and my sleep disappeared like magic.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Only once. I doubled early twice, fell asleep and had sat "Sitting Out" until final table. Really showed me I play too many hands normally!

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This happened to me once. I played in a $ 16.50 buy-in tournament and fell asleep during the break. Of course, when I woke up, the tournament was over. Sadly.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Luckily (or not) i havent done that but last time when i played some tournament for hours which ended around 02:30 AM for me i actully finished 4th there lol ...

Usually though whenever i see some tournament starting after midnight i pretty much just register there and the sit out entire thing lol ...

T

the_bridge222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It has never happened to me, maybe having a good coffee to wake up those last hours of poker would be better.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It's an unpleasant experience.

AmidamaruRu

AmidamaruRu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This has not happened to me, I try to register in the extreme tournaments, realizing that I will definitely endure to the end. As for me, you shouldn't register for a tournament if you are in a sleepy state, it may be difficult for decision-making.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think almost everyone has been in a similar situation. I'm sure many don't even confess! Unfortunately, I've been in this situation before, it's funny but not pleasant!

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played several during the night. In some, I fell asleep and when I woke up the tournament was almost over.:):):)

Yes, I had it. I got a good result once. Took 3rd place at MTT and won his biggest prize of $ 800. I didn't want to participate, but I paid $ 2.20 or something like this amount I don't remember and somehow the game started. I could have won this tournament, but I dropped To 9 on the flop. Because turn to river 9 I would have become the chip leader by a huge margin. I invested a lot of chips there were still 7 players with me. This hand involved the three players with the highest number of chips. Then I just sat down to 3 places.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We all live in different countries and different times. Of course it happens, but it's a very shame when you have a very good game, a lot of chips and a chance to fight for victory, but you fall asleep) I think a good advice to avoid this is not to play in a bad (but very comfortable position - lying down) or when you don't have enough light. I can recommend drinking a lot of water, but not coffee or energetics :) why kill your health? Lol ;) poker is just a game, but sometimes for good money )) pause every 15 minutes. You can do light sports or open the window, but you need to wear warm clothes ;)

3ccasd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once I fell asleep during a night tournament right at the computer, but I was awakened by a signal that my time in the time bank was coming to an end. Since then I try not to fall asleep while playing.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played a satellite half asleep and qualified. Was surprised. I dont recall any tough decisions.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have already played tournaments that last until dawn and it is super tiring to spend so much time in them. But a nice cup of coffee or a coke and ready to play lol

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had this when I fell asleep during a break in the tournament, sometimes I fell asleep during the tournament, I also wrote about it in a separate topic. You need to plan your day so that you don't want to sleep at night, but I don't know yet )), there are still times when you want to sleep very much at night during the tournament.

KasyakoFF

KasyakoFF

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it was a couple of times that I fell asleep during the break! it's good that they were freerolls))

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes.When I was drinking alcohol during the game...

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played several during the night. In some, I fell asleep and when I woke up the tournament was almost over.:):):)

I believe those tournaments are called Sleep n Gos

or an alternate variant is the classic Sit n Go Take a Nap

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That would be a benefit of playing a cash game instead of a tournament. Can walk away any time during a cash game if the sandman starts calling.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not me, if I ever fall asleep playing poker it probably means its not a good game.

offeron

offeron

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Someone is sit out due to disconnect, and someone just didn't get enough sleep

M

mike1113

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of tourney play, especially short stacked, is basically autopilot preflop. It's also really annoying if you're just card dead for a long long time. Especially in the late stages of a tourney a lot of the time you'll open and everyone just folds 7/10 times. So yes for this reason I often pay very little attention for stretches of most tourneys