Where do freerolls rank in the micro-levels of poker?

A

Allyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nathan "BlackRain79" Williams Wrote that there is a big change from 1/2c to 2/5c cash poker as the players in 2/5c will have played and understand more.
I started to cash in freerolls more often I think I’ve moved up a level now I’m playing 25c to 1.10 mtts with similar results
Am I moving up levels or are they all the same at micro?
What level are the freeroll players here?
2 freerolls in a row I cashed. 10th yesterday and 13th today on poker stars.
Again,
THEY SAY THERE IS A CHANGE IN LEVELS AS YOU GO UP THE MONEY IN MICRO.
How true is this?

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There

The problem with freerolls is that you face players that dont care if they
have AA or 23 and call you allin
You can not use your expertise to play
Ans they don´t bluff. They play totally loose
Rgds

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the concept of level does not apply to freerolls

A

Allyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Including moving up in 10c SnGs to 40c and €1

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should not seriously evaluate the level of play in freerolls. Freerolls are a great way to build a bankroll from scratch, not everyone plays thoughtfully in these games, but it's better for those who really focus on the tournament and want to win it.:)

A

Allyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the concept of level does not apply to freerolls

Hi There

The problem with freerolls is that you face players that dont care if they
have AA or 23 and call you allin
You can not use your expertise to play
Ans they don´t bluff. They play totally loose
Rgds

I think you should not seriously evaluate the level of play in freerolls. Freerolls are a great way to build a bankroll from scratch, not everyone plays thoughtfully in these games, but it's better for those who really focus on the tournament and want to win it.:)
Yes I agree about freerolls but you have not answered if moving up through the money levels is the same as moving through skill levels ?

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, the steepest progression that I've encountered, especially in terms of online poker, is the jump from 1/2 NL to 2/5 NL. It can't be understated just how big of a jump this is, especially in terms of bankroll management.

A

Allyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, the steepest progression that I've encountered, especially in terms of online poker, is the jump from 1/2 NL to 2/5 NL. It can't be understated just how big of a jump this is, especially in terms of bankroll management.
Thank you for a reply to the question and not just a certain part of it.
Thanks

A

Allyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So based on your answer, if I continued to cash at a similar rate moving up, would you consider my own level to be improving?

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends on the game and the player base. You can still find really bad players at higher limits there are just less of them.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't notice much difference in many tournaments. I thought that as the level increased the players would play in a more rational way and I found everything ahah. Many continue doing the same as in low levels or free tournaments, in order to get big pots and increase their stack.

Freeroll Passwords