when you're not hitting cards

R

rugby0

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take a note from harrington's book. look at your watch and decide tight or loose based on a predetermined position of the second hand. Other players will never be in a position to decide if you are playing tight or loose.

TheUndertaker

TheUndertaker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been in the same situation for the past two days and i don't know what to do myself.I nearly knockdown my computer and may have pulled out some of my hair.

H

housebreaker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
steal, yes, every chance you get and don't be afraid to get into a one on one race from time to time

U

uncleterry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi your not alone on this one. be carefull of the big stacks as most of the time they will all call with anything. especially if you go all in. i try to keep ahead of the average stacks later in the game. the other problem i find is having good hands but keep missing the flop time after time this is where you will you might have to be a bit aggresive sometimes, anyway good luck

snakeeyes

snakeeyes

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's called creating your own luck. You have to keep pressure on other players because their all worried about their stacks as well. You can't rely on always catching cards, unless it's a cash game, then you have all day to wait for good starting hands.

R

robrtp

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently i've played a few tournaments that started out great, i gained a lot of chips and seemed to be hitting cards fairly often. then after the first break or so i cant seem to hit anything. i get dealt rags for 30+ hands in a row, and the blinds start to eat up my big stack. the few hands i do play i totally miss the board, and have to fold. is there any way to fight this besides sitting out? i seem to have this problem a lot, especially recently i'm noticing. so far it's killed my chances for making the money, let alone winning, for the past 3 or 4 tourneys i've entered. any thoughts about what to do here?

if it gets too low you can always think about bluffing to steal some blinds

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've been in a similar situation many times, and I know how frustrating it can be. When I get to the point where it sems like I'm getting rags and totally missing the flop, I try to disregard what the cards are. In other words, I try play as though I flopped the nuts and look for good situations to pick up pots that seem to me relatively uncontested.

For example, UTG+1 raises 3x, it's folded around to my in the CO. I look down at 7 9os. Usually this a clear fold, but after countless orbits of missing and getting pushed out, I sometimes deside to call. If the flop comes low, this us a perfect oppritunity to bluff/steal. I can usually safely assume that an UTG+1 raise is anywhere from A10 +, and with a low flop, they most likely missed. This is a good time for a raise/push. Unless he has an overpair or is just hoping to get lucky with overs, they will most likely fold, leaving you with enough chips to finally catch a good hand and make a proper double up. Also, remember, just because you don't look down at paint, dosn't mean you can't play it, even when you are down to 6-10BB. Look for situations, not cards. At least this is what I do. And if you still don't get ahead, there is always another game to play, don't sweat it.

B

bbigg

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
its better 2 fold in this situation and wait for an alright hand but make a few plays steal a couple of pots if you are not catching anything

J

jeaukool

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Zzzzzzz

Sometimes this can be a very boring game...especially when you are in a run of bad luck...:mad:

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been there, done it , got the video and the T-shirt. There is nothind more disheartening than to get good hole cards and get nothing from the community cards. The only thing I can suggest is to loosen up and increase the hands you play

keokeokk

keokeokk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
friend I've been through it ... it's really bad when the blinds are increasing and our chips are slowly fading away, and the more you have chips, the more players are primed ... I recommend waiting for a medium hand and bluffing my friend, trying to steal from the final positions is also a good alternative, but in the end we will have all that old man left .... if we stay or leave, it will depend on the luck in the game

BuzzKillington

BuzzKillington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Remember that even if you miss the board, a cbet is often warranted (assuming that you are the aggressor). This will make most villains fold fairly often.

D

denis77782m

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can win on a bluff. Very often it does not matter what your hand is, it is important to know the opponent's hand.

M

mikibjj

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Same situacions happens to me too. And most of the time in MTT i get loose players on my right.. so i play loose too, otherwise they eat my chips. Play loose and hope you will get lucky. :)