When tournaments have the blinds increase quickly and participants always go All-In

GervaCWB

GervaCWB

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I can't find a decent strategy that distances me from needing to get lucky in these freeroll tournaments (mostly from pokerstars). Participants look like all-in machines, no matter what hand you have. Is waiting for a good hand and pushing all-in the only solution?

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Isn't it perfect though? All in is fun. It's even better when you can rebuy.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Any place to be, including when the blinds rise quickly and the opponents do not want to play the hand.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hi, friend!!!
Look, I play a lot in poker stars and I'll tell you about my situation in freerolls.
I really hardly play satellite games because they are Bingo games and in truth I don't like that type of game at least.
If I'm right there at the entrance of one of them, I do the same thing they all do, they get 2 fairly good cards and allin and may luck be with you. But for me they are really a waste of time.
As for the Cardschat games, they are really very interesting because you don't always play allin that way.
If you are not platinum level you will see when you are that level and you can play them, you will be pleased.
greetings friend;););)(y)(y)(y)

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't find a decent strategy that distances me from needing to get lucky in these freeroll tournaments (mostly from pokerstars). Participants look like all-in machines, no matter what hand you have. Is waiting for a good hand and pushing all-in the only solution?
This is actually good for someone just going with volume or not caring. Number of decisions and postflop play is minimized. I see this a lot in turbo mtts, push and fold, when lost opening another window.
There is no other way, you just need to wait for hand. If you play out of position, you can also check whether they go all in if raised before.

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Unfortunately, you can't do without luck here. Just now I had AQs and the protik had 83 different suits. Of course I lost. We'll be waiting for the next tournament

monkeytilter

monkeytilter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play tournaments with slower structures if you can, end of the day this is the nature of tournaments though: you are going to have to win flips and have 60/40s hold time after time to make the money - it's the same for everyone.

Call with solid holdings, get it in ahead that's the best you can do and avoid multiway all ins if you do have to get involved.

Look at the stack sizes you are raising into before you raise, 10BB..20BB will be shoving wide back over your raises to re-steal, this is standard tournament strategy.

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes it is or just be patient.

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If everyone is going all in, then your best strategy is to wait for a premium hand and then call those all iners. There's not much you can do there in my opinion.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
No matter if it's a freeroll or a paid money turbo or hyper tournament.
We should open our ranges after the very first levels because of the quick pace of the structure. Those tournaments have so much more variance and they are indeed a flip-fest. After a while every pair and face combination is good enough to gamble. :p
In my humble opinion if a player is serious about his game then he shouldn't play only those , it's a good option to complete his session with those.

IronMike9000

IronMike9000

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
pokerstars freerolls are a crap shoot, close your eyes, go all in and hope for the best

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
games you play free tournaments wait for a great hand and just call your opponent's bet this is the only way to win free tournaments

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The best solution would be to play only with strong cards. In this way, you will significantly increase your chances of winning.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes, it is a very aggressive environment, when the tournament is a turbo or hyper turbo. Aggressiveness it is a main strategy here, there is no other way because the blinds are eating your stack if you don't take actions.

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
So far, I have played several hundred of these rebuy freerolls. The only thing that wins with almost any hand is a huge stack and, as you understand, you can grow it only by playing aggressively, going all-in with any pair, connector or pictures until the add on moment. And it's not poker by the rules. In several of these tournaments, I managed to win $5.50 tickets and $11 satellites.

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The good thing with this is that when you win you win big. So yeah, more coin flips, but you can easily double or triple up in one hand.

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
i can relate to this, for this situation ill say wait and choose your correct spot from there on observe and play tight, usually lots of these players call with garbage and win, its just what it is

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i rarely call against the all ins, after all it is a crap shoot. i usually wait it out, these players have a tendency to go out early.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Just accept that these games are a lot like playing free spins on slots. No need to rack your brain over it so much.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just accept that these games are a lot like playing free spins on slots. No need to rack your brain over it so much.
Exactly. No reason to waste brain power over worrying about the perfect strategy for playing freerolls with a bad structure against bad players. Either dont play these games at all, or just get in there and gamble with them and be happy, if you occationally win something. If you want to become better at poker and play in a more serious way, then freerolls are not the answer. What you should do instead is to deposit a reasonable amount like $100 and start playing games like the $1 "on demand" SnG on PokerStars and go from there.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in freerolls play tight-aggressive in my opinion, and be patient - given how many players - the variance will be brutal

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Well that's the nature of turbos really, I tend to prefer deep stacks but if blinds are faster you have to make moves much quicker!

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At pokerstars they have all these freerolls where around 2000 players play for between 1 and 10 seats. I stay away from these because I do not think they are worth the time

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Study the ICM of the tourneys you are playing. You can either run your past hands through or use quiz mode on something like Icmizer.