dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I would fold only if it's close to the money and my whole stack is in jeopardy.
So early in MTT, I would definitely call/re-raise with KK
When get close to the "In the money", then I would play more cautiously.
But, again, that's just me.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Final table bubble. Sorry guys. Shipped 9bb's in the sb w/ K6 vs bb K10

Attachments

• FT bubble.jpg
    FT bubble.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 53
E

emirlidan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Final table bubble. Sorry guys. Shipped 9bb's in the sb w/ K6 vs bb K10

yesss it happened and well looks like we both got a little unlucky lol oh well better luck next time

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me to fold Kings preflop. the other guy would have to show me his pocket Aces...Even if he has aces you're still only a 19% or so dog going into the flop.

T

TSven

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion the only time to fold kings (and aces too) is in satellites close to bubble and with good stack where you have nothing to win, but everything to lose if some of the biggerstacks decide to call your ai and suck out.

N

Nooneinparticular

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry but you can fold it in rare circumstances. Look up on youtube Phil Helmuth with AA vs KK vs AA. The woman with AA (cant remember who it was) starts cheering and running around when she gets called by Helmuth after reraising the KK. The KK thinks for about 30 seconds then calls. I mean. You raise. Someone after you pushes, then Phil Helmuth pushes, and the woman who pushed starts cheering. What do you think she has?

Online, early on though, repush all in. If someone has aces, it's a cold deck, and you where meant to lose. It happens. Same goes for flopping bottom or middle set and thinking you should fold in case someone has top set. Its a cold deck. Anyone who thinks you should fold a flopped set in case its against top set is an idiot and plays way way way to tight!

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
For me to fold Kings preflop. the other guy would have to show me his pocket Aces...Even if he has aces you're still only a 19% or so dog going into the flop.

What happens when its not "other guy" and it (4) other guys? And you're 5hrs into a 200$ bi and not yet itm? <<<This was my scenario

N

Nooneinparticular

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watch this and tell me it's right to call with KK here.

If you still yes, you are so so so so wrong.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
lol at the horrible composure from Beth Shak. One raise behind her and she looks at aces and gets all hyper before she ships.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What happens when its not "other guy" and it (4) other guys? And you're 5hrs into a 200$ bi and not yet itm? <<<This was my scenario

id probably still get it in

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
id probably still get it in

Well then you would have sucked out the aces with a flopped set haha. Yea that one hurt but at the time the AA was so obvious. This was also back in the day on UB. I was a scared little boy back then :eek:

You also said "usually" and "probably" for both which imo means you could see yourself making the same decision (rarely..i know. but it's not dismissable)

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i add that in to avoid the stupid arguments of "every situation is different blah blah blah" but yea id have to know one of the cold callers was a 3/3 nitball who would fold QQ AK there

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i add that in to avoid the stupid arguments of "every situation is different blah blah blah" but yea id have to know one of the cold callers was a 3/3 nitball who would fold QQ AK there

That is a stupid argument to get into but I will say it was a different situation for me at the time; being a new/mediocre player in an mtt I had no business in lol.

Good point made:)

Folding in Poker