When I should give up a semi bluff?

P

piroon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I wonder if I have a draws no showdown and semi bluff when I should give up?

dorivaldojr

dorivaldojr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you see that the villain is paying too much and your hand is not so good on the flop

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When your showdown equitty is too low and it is clear the opponent doesn't like folding often

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
if a regular player plays against you, then your bluff is not needed at all If you play against an active player and an aggressive player, then don't use a bluff, it's better to bluff against a passive player or fish

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
in micros if they call flop most of times it´s good to give up tbh, they don´t like folding smh

alison

alison

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually fold a semi bluff when a card that helps improve my hand doesn't come on the flop.

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I usually find myself in that awkward situation where I know my bluff is not working, and just give up in the turn, hoping the villain bets so I can fold, and save myself from the shame 😅

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If my hand does not improve at all I may check the turn. But if I picked up a flush draw or paired a card or picked up a straight draw I am still betting. What I do on the river depends on the cards that come and what I suspect my opponent has. If I know he paired a card and he is not going anywhere then it makes no sense committing more chips. If however I suspect he has nothing but an inside draw or flush draw, and I know I can only win the hand by betting the river than I will, but it's important not to overbet.

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think it depends, I think your question is a little incomplete because you don't say if you are the hand's aggressor or if you are the hand's defender so that has to be taken into account, but I think you have to give up the semi-bluff when you realize that the villain won't give up

"It's better to run with a good hand than to lose with a great hand"