When I can play in the bigger buy ins??

B

buzet_26

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I played a tournament and sit and go for small buy ins ($0.50) and won for almost 1 month and then decided to play a big buy ins ($3.50 to $5) but lost so I went back to the small bet. In your opinion,,, When I can play in the bigger buy ins?? thank you for answering my question:)

B

buzet_26

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for answering

A good rule on bankroll management is no sit n go that's more than 5% of your bankroll & no tournament that's more than 2%.

You mean If my bankroll is $100 all tournaments i play is less than $2 and all sit and go is less than $5... ?

thanks a lot its very helpful to me...

guwanch7777777

guwanch7777777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everyone can give their advice, but almost half of poker players are such a problem

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
Very good advice which i´ve been following
Tks
Rgds

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think is more important to play smoller fee every day then fewer tourneys with big stake. After all i gues were all beginers

italorohdrigues

italorohdrigues

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What kind of Sit and Go did you played? Single table? 45 man? 180?

If you want to play single you will face less variance and you can have a smaller banroll to play $3.50 and $5, I dont like the way that you went from 0.50 straight to 5 though, take small steps, go up to 1$, $2. For single table sit and go's I would say 35 buy ins is the minimal and you can go up to 100 to be safier (it also depends how many tables you will play per day, if you are going to play 10 sngs a day for example you will need a much bigger bankroll)

For multi tables sng such as 45/90/180 I like to have at least 70 buy ins on regular speed, turbo and hyper-turbo you need to have more than that as well.

Whenever you want to cauculate how much bankroll you need just to the math, how many do you want to play per day? Define your daily poker cost, than calculate how many days of the month you will play, and there you have it, this is what your bankroll should be.

Y

yoshi352000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep doing what you did, play low and build it up then take a shot. Eventually when you take a shot you'll have success and might not have to move down again. It might take many attempts, but keep trying, poker isn't going anywhere, so take it month by month. Year by Year.