When to enter the tournaments with broad late registration?

• Thread starter Miguelpaniura0893
  • Start date
Miguelpaniura0893

Miguelpaniura0893

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In tournaments with late registration of more than three hours, sometimes it happens to me that when entering a tournament in its last level of late registration I enter with 10BB and I manage to enter prizes instead when I enter the first levels, the opposite happens to me a few times I enter the bubble and I waste a lot of time playing, so my question, when do you prefer to enter tournaments this long? with how many minimum bb?

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If this is a knockout tournament or a bounty then I prefer to start with 60 big blinds, if this is a regular tournament then I prefer to start with 40 big blinds.

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In tournaments with late registration of more than three hours, I prefer to enter when there are 35 minutes left before registration ends, it gives me more chances to get on the bubble and play right

J

Justcall529

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR is good for this, some of their tourneys have 4 hours of late registration. I like to enter with about an hour of late registration left.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In tournaments with late registration of more than three hours, sometimes it happens to me that when entering a tournament in its last level of late registration I enter with 10BB and I manage to enter prizes instead when I enter the first levels, the opposite happens to me a few times I enter the bubble and I waste a lot of time playing, so my question, when do you prefer to enter tournaments this long? with how many minimum bb?
The later you register for the tournament, the lower your ROI will be, which will be accompanied by a higher level of variance. This means that you will need a tighter approach to bankroll management. For example, a comfortable bankroll for $ 11 buy-in tournaments is between $ 1,500 and $ 3,000. But if you register late in these tournaments, you will have to play with a short stack (20-30bb), which will increase the variance fluctuations, so you will need a larger bankroll (2 or 3 times the above amount).

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's OK to get into a game late but not too late. It's best to have a least 20 big blinds to work with. Otherwise It's just too much of a gamble.

maestro121920

maestro121920

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if i will late reg, 10bb min stack just like yours

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find late is better to conserve mental energy. An early start can result in a very long grind.

daddybrooks

daddybrooks

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not a huge fan of the real long late reg tourneys, but now and then they can be a nice cherry pick if the guarantee is high. If you're joining in right at the end of the late reg and it's not far from the bubble, can be worth it. Yes, you're short stacked as hell usually, but even then, sometimes can hold on into the money. Not a huge ROI in that case, but it's not losing. If you can double through a couple times, got a shot at FT where you can make the cash as well. I've seen it discussed in here where people use that strategy almost exclusively and from their talk, do well at it. I like to build up from the start, even though it's a lot more hours of play, just suits me more i guess.

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is better for the very skilled players to register early, because they can have more time to utilize their skill advantage, on the other hand, for those players who are weak and more depend on luck, it's good for them to enter late and hope to get lucky to double up and finally get ITM without too much effort.