kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I use a post-river limp when I have a strong hand and my opponent was an aggressor before, this strategy allows me to make more money on such a player, as in most cases I will get a bluff all-in on my limp

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In 95% of the time, if you are the first to enter in the hand, never, never ever limp. Build an open raise range for each position and follow it.

In freerolls or in micro tournaments, you can limp sometimes if at least one player has limped before you, but you should not do this frequently.
Limp behind if: (1) you believe that some player after you will not raise; (2) if you have some hand with potential to flop good, like some suited connector; (3) if you are getting a good price to see the flop, which happens a lot when you are in small blind.
However, you should know that limping is a passive play, and you should not do this often.

There is only one case that I think you can open limp sometimes: in a blind vs. blind, when you are in SB, in two situations:
(1) If your opponent does not tend to raise you and you don't feel comfortable with raising with a poor hand, you can try to see a flop for a small price and try to steal the pot leading with a bet if the board is dry;
(2) if your opponent tends to raise your limp, sometimes you can limp with a good/premium hand and try to induce a raise from him.

I believe that there is some room for limping, but you need to do it wisely! And in general, the most wise decision is not to limp.

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think sometimes u can use the openlimp for playing hands likr suited connectors, which are´nt strong enough for 3 betting, or u even can use it for trapping to do a 4bet imo... :)

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
limp is useful when you sit on sb and go to watch the flop cheaply, or if you open aces on utg so that someone shows your strong hand and you rarely get from it normally, but this is the case if you are somewhere CO, you can also launch a strong hand into the hand and wait for aggression with sb bb and raise money

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Acr freerolls with Russian players left of me!