DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't particularly open a limp, only use for equity, but they are statistically specific and rare extreme situations, as it doesn't make sense in the long run.

When do you use this artifice?

DegenerateSheep

DegenerateSheep

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BE
Chips
I never open-limp, and also only overlimp when a favourable situation arises with a speculative hand.

duqnuk

duqnuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I will definitly open-limp in very rare ocasions but I would say I could limp with Aces if I'm in UTG/UTG+1 if the table seems relatively loose.
Otherwise I'm not open-limping

ninpo

ninpo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
i never open limp i just don't know how to use :unsure::unsure:

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have when i get low pp, other than that, no.

B

bananovsky1999

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Open lmping is a really bad play, only times i see limping as a viable option is with some small pairs and suited aces after some players have already limped

Also I like limping when i'm small blind (i like to mix limping monsters and speculative hands)

PupsikCat

PupsikCat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
The more participants in the distribution, the higher the probability of winning initially not the strongest starters.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'm never open limping except from SB. Here I would be playing anywhere between 32% and 80% of hands as a limp, depending on effective stacks.

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't particularly open a limp, only use for equity, but they are statistically specific and rare extreme situations, as it doesn't make sense in the long run.

I usually limp, when I'm holding high pairs or premium hands in SB/BB/UTG/UTG+1 and when there are more than two players in the hand, otherwise I hardly limp

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
usually when you want to play a big pot , by inviting others players in :)

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I will definitly open-limp in very rare ocasions but I would say I could limp with Aces if I'm in UTG/UTG+1 if the table seems relatively loose.
Otherwise I'm not open-limping
I think trap with aces nowadays is suicide. Many people will tag you and use the odds against you.

Rafaelmendes021

Rafaelmendes021

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think trap with aces nowadays is suicide. Many people will tag you and use the odds against you.
I agree friend, I've been through this situation, I still had nothing to do! your point is well clarified

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The more participants in the distribution, the higher the probability of winning initially not the strongest starters.
Yes I agree. Therefore, in some cases, if the equity is favorable, it is interesting to just call the limp.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm never open limping except from SB. Here I would be playing anywhere between 32% and 80% of hands as a limp, depending on effective stacks.
Particularly, I find this strategy bad and easy to exploit. But it is still used a lot.

In short, I think it's really bad to limp during the early stages of a tournament.

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
only on SB if someone plays before me. See the flop cheap.

Azul2406.

Azul2406.

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
I don't like to do it but currently there are many players who do it to try to trap players it's interesting if you use it well you can trap and hide your hands and it will be profitable I'm applying it to see how it goes

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I almost never limp... maybe some situations where you know some villains limp-alin or limp-re-raise.
Some smallblind situations.

Watching some pluribus (poker bot) games, they exploit the sb limp a lot. This got my attention (positively).

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

limping preflop is almost always a bad thing, sometimes you can only use this technique from the button or from the small blind (when you have premium hands) and when everyone has folded before you, in order to try to trap opponents (especially if it is a tournament with knockouts), in other cases, when you limp preflop, you will just lose money in the long run

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I limp almost every hand from the SB when the table has folded.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Generally speaking only from the SB.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary