G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
As the PS bounty builder series is ongoing,
I'd like to know your stance on pkos and your strategy for them .

Any input is much appreciated
Cheers

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Pkos...As in player knock outs? If so, I don’t chase them as I’m the progressive ones you accumulate larger bounties the deeper you progress. It’s too easy to find yourself in dire straights because of attempts to steal an opportunity to single out a bounty with marginal holdings. It’s the same with premium hands with hyped investment from others chasing a bounty from a short stack. Too often seen AK, AQ, AA and KK fall foul to a situation that saw them facing off against 4/5 others. If you can’t single the short stack out in the situation then it’s better to limp etc. It’s a tough one to gauge as the dynamics are vast

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Though you know what your doing fella, adapting is the biggest skill you can have on the felt. Some tables will deploy a more civil attitude in the sense a short stack will rather than be pressured will get it in and multiple players will simply call with minimum agro through flop to river, where others, players will pump up and look to steal etc... Bounty comps I find the best of all. Always good returns

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
I tend to play more loose in early stages to try to build a stack and then tighten up ⬆️ to try to knock ✊ out some of the late ⏰ registered players.

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
GTO Wizard has produced a couple of good blogs on this:
There's also good content on YouTube from the regular training sites:
Thanks gonna have a look into this :)
Pkos...As in player knock outs?
the P stands for progressive:D
Well I mean the whole player dynamic not scoring them alone.
But it seems many people just call for the chance for a bounty with mediocre to crap hands.
I understand it if you're superdeep and you can afford it. Done it myself... But it's so common that players risk 70-90% of their stack for scoring another bounty. Of course that number decrease the higher the buy in
I guess a lot of observation is needed to detect some patterns of people and some it's just best to avoid getting involved in a hand with a players who's superlucky the whole time..

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my strategy is the same as for any tournament but i am often tempted to call all ins more loosely because of the bounty lol

i think when you are big stacked you have to be even more aggressive towards shorter stacks in PKO tourneys

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
Thanks gonna have a look into this :)

the P stands for progressive:D
Well I mean the whole player dynamic not scoring them alone.
But it seems many people just call for the chance for a bounty with mediocre to crap hands.
I understand it if you're superdeep and you can afford it. Done it myself... But it's so common that players risk 70-90% of their stack for scoring another bounty. Of course that number decrease the higher the buy in
I guess a lot of observation is needed to detect some patterns of people and some it's just best to avoid getting involved in a hand with a players who's superlucky the whole time..
Thank you 🙏

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
my strategy is the same as for any tournament but i am often tempted to call all ins more loosely because of the bounty lol

i think when you are big stacked you have to be even more aggressive towards shorter stacks in PKO tourneys
Yes totally understandable when you're bigstacked . Think this is the correct way of playing pkos .
It's just insane what amount of players risk more than half of their stack for a bounty with really bad hands .
But then again I only play Micro to Low buyins and the higher buy ins only when I qualify .
The Sunday Million for instance is a whole other level. Qualified for it last month but overplayed my QQ and only scored one bounty ^^
But still the most enjoyable Pko I had when it comes to player dynamics

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
PKO can be fun and very profitable. Depending on the set up of the game your will need to adjust your strategy. Many players will gamble a bit more preflop. Just to win your bounty. You also need to call more against the but don’t over adjust either. You may also want to call more than push at times. Say you have AKs in the BB and gave 25BB stack. There was a raise to 2.5 x and 3callers. Most days you can shove all in and win a nice small pot or get heads up vs 1player but In a PKO you may easily get all 3 of them to call just to win you bound and others if possible as well Good luck.

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Of course that number decrease the higher the buy in
That right there. 100%, which is why we prefer the higher stakes. Those donkeys risking ludicrous percentages of their stakes are pretty problematic as they mostly end up blindly committing

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
* Dont care if i'm out i just make sure to take as many with me as possible *

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
* Dont care if i'm out i just make sure to take as many with me as possible *
One way to go I suppose :) but do you change your strategy when you got (super)deep?

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
One way to go I suppose :) but do you change your strategy when you got (super)deep?
Well i dont have to go "super deep" to practice police strategy so yes

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

Never fold a back door, especial against the table boss lol

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I tend to play more loose in early stages to try to build a stack and then tighten up ⬆️ to try to knock ✊ out some of the late ⏰ registered players.
The late register players are easy to gauge as they are either fold, fold, fold till they get a monster or super limpets trying to get a decent shove post flop with marginal ranges.. Registering late in a PKO isn’t something I advise if your aggressive, technically suicide lol

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all its still a poker tournament, so its not like, its some kind of completely different game. But of course you do need to adjust to the bounties, when they are in play, and when they are significant. This mainly mean, you need to be more willing to call it off, when you can win a bounty, and you also have more incentive to isolate an all-in player to prevent players behind from entering the pot cheaply to try to win the bounty.

Even when you cant outright win a bounty, you want to go for more of a "go strong or go home" approach, since there is less value in outlasting other players, and you cant win someones bounty, unless you cover them. So if a spot is close, and you would lean towards a fold in a normal MTT, you should lean towards getting it in and gambling in a PKO. Finally you should avoid late registration, since money is taken out of the price pool, every time someone is knocked out. My personal rule of thumb is to never enter or reenter a PKO, that has been running for more than 15-20 minutes.