What's your opinion on R+A tourney's?

Jeshua Kane

Jeshua Kane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dont like it

It is more of a lottery bingo thing. Sometimes it does work or the add on helps you to make it further, but i do not think that is classic poker. Traditionalists would say everyone starts with the same and we see who wins.

RakeFace

RakeFace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For anyone looking to play MTTs with goals hourly is what matters. Generally R/A are exellent on cranking up hourly.

A

ArneJJ

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like tourneys with little Buyin and unlimited Rebuys, cause people just randomly shove, so you often result in a coin flip situation - and it's even more frustrating to lose against a bad hand by a player who just shoves all the time as he's able to rebuy all the time.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have started to like these, I used to hate it when players would keep re-buying. Then I got to thinking, they are making the prize amounts bigger and also the number of players getting paid.
I make sure that I am ready to re-buy myself, meaning that I have plenty of extra in my account. Make sure you can do the re-buys with no problem, lower buy in so you can afford it.
I always re-buy right away, before the tourney starts. They also usually have an add on phase when re-buys are over.
The first time I played one, a player kept going all in and re-buying daring the rest of the table to do the same. I sat back and watched him lose all and re-buy at least 4 times. Everyone started joking and going all in, then he won a big hand with a lot of players in and sat out. lol Lesson learned.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not really like tournaments with a small prize and with rebuys, in the game the players win chips and they buy and buy and it feels like the tournament does not end. - But apart from the KO tournaments, it's great when players buy chips and you get money for their knock-out in these tournaments can be well won for knocking out and the prize fund is good!

Helloween

Helloween

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Р + А give the chance to raise prize money well. Good tournaments, I like these. At the same time, I rarely do a re-buy and raise my stack well in the initial stage playing tight.