What are you feeling and thinking when it gets to the final table?

deiwizzz

deiwizzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I start to play much too aggressive and careless.
Excitement tilt - I call it.
And then someone with more composure bust me out :D
Happens to me all the time 😂 i start to think about 1st place prize and get cared away, instead of playing carefully and patient i mostly all the time call someone else’s all in with cards like KQ and lose lol 😂

Anatoliy Tolik

Anatoliy Tolik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the final table, I try to play as carefully as possible, because each place is significantly different in cash equivalent.

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For example when I light up the bulb at the final table I think that will not be worse, and are the current forward.

I'm over excited and all I'm thinking is " don't mess this up. "
As long as I don't go out at position 9, I'm happy.

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mostly just play my game ... I play only to win ... if that's early, middle, or late stages. My main focus is playing as well as I can, I try my best not to think about the cash, and try to go blank

Don't get me wrong I pay attention to what I think other players are pushing ... their cards are more important than yours ...and I take into account an opponents stack .. can they bust me ? If they shove do they have me covered and it doesn't hurt them to lose that amount ... What do they want me to believe ?? What picture are they painting ??

If I have an edge, at that point, even a small one ... I will push it mostly ... Keep the pressure up is important to me ... knowing and learning your opponents is the most important thing imho ... I think it was Mario Andretti said this " If you aren't a little bit afraid, you aren't going fast enough " something similar ... I agree ... and think this totally applies.. at least to me ... Second is Second, I only really play for first, anything else for me, is just another lesson along the way ....

M

maykon98

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did the final table a few times in micro tournaments, the feeling was wonderful, but I was already very tired, these tournaments take a long time

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The funny thing is I'm never more focused as I am at the final table. If I could muster up 1/2 the focus with the rest of the game, I would probably see a lot more final tables.

bighert2

bighert2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take a quick assessment of the table regarding chip stacks; where is the big stack? to my left or right? Enjoy the moment, work to improve my finish, and think to myself its the @#$%&! Catalina wine mixer "finally a finish that is an accurate reflection of my poker ability." Seriously last time I won a mtt I was yelling "not up in here" at the monitor. :hahaha::cool:

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Final table, when I get there is my best performance. I know I am playing wit the best 9 of all the Tournament, so can Apply solid poker strategy! :five:

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually when I get to a final table I don't have a problem letting 2 people bust out before I really start pressing any action. Then I'm looking to play for stacks, not small pots.

S

stamark

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
At first I feel extremely excited but I'm a little nervous too. As time goes I try to relax and concetrate more and more in order to do the best I can and so to enjoy it at the most

sanekhorror

sanekhorror

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I get to the final table, I get a joy, and I start playing very carefully, to be in the first 3 places, and there already as a card will fall, maybe 1 first will. But that's the cool feeling at the final table I think everyone has experienced.

Kingpoetmusic

Kingpoetmusic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take some stabs at the pots here and there. Everyone is right you can't be too tight. You will dwindle away.

When I make a final table I feel great. I usually study the chip counts and maybe see the first round of hands because sometimes people go out quick in the beginning of a final table.

Jumping a few spots is good to make more cash but you have to be aggressive to win. You can't fold your way to a win. It just won't happen.

A

arpipoker1990

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Here comes the BOOM :)) u are in the finale and thre are just some players u have to beat to cash in the first place :D

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just trying my best to focus and play well. Not worried about how big or small of an event it is.