black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is better for a beginner to start with freerolls. This is the most optimal way that will help you better understand the basics of the game and acquire basic skills.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
There isn't any difference between micro games and freerolls, if you can't beat freerolls you aren't going to beat micro games.. but up to you really

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I often play freerolls and it's really better for me in my opinion. I often lose but finally i understand that it was a just freeroll and actually i didn't lose anything real.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
freerolls are better because you are not spending any money in order to play them and you can learn how to play the game for free, however lower buy in tournaments are also good if you are a beginner because players tend to play better than freerolls and you can improve your game without risking too much money while learning the game.

azteca6

azteca6

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
play freerolls and SnG with small entries to cheer you up:D

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With a small entry, I'd say. In freerolls many people play foolishly, because they don't loose anything.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If you can start with freerolls, just grab this opportunity and create a good bankroll. When it grows at a size that allows you to play tournaments, play them.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
The game is different for both. You won't approach a freeroll like a tourney with some entry fee. If you're a begginer try to play them both to get an idea, and a better understanding of the psychology of the game.

Mogulkahn

Mogulkahn

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, it is better to start with freerolls + a few tournaments with a small buy-in, so you will learn from mistakes and not pay dearly for them.

_420_420_

_420_420_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Play freerolls to get money for micro stakes... People have done it, especially if you are from a low income country it may be worth your time.

azteca6

azteca6

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
It helps you learn to be tolerant at the tables and to manage the game clock as BBs go up and that is the most important thing in freerolls to know how to manage your chips and time with good hands:D

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I started with freerolls. Great free way to learn the game and practice moves like bluffing. Then work up to smaller buy ins until you find your groove and game you like. Good luck.