Chips
Id flat call... its worth peeking at a flop

drbottlecap10

drbottlecap10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah this one is tough. I do believe this is probably a shove. I don't think it is worth paying 12% of your stack to see a flop.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Here is what Hero did:

Pre flop: (pot: $3,750) Hero has 3 3

Folded to CO, CO raises to $4,000, Hero raises to $9,600, CO raises all in 44,215, Hero ??

What would you do now??

edc1

edc1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im gonna call to see flop hoping to do some set mining,then depending on flop im check rasing or check folding to wet board,i don't think risking stack preflop shove is right move,i would foldor call in this spot most times

copycutpaste

copycutpaste

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OMG is it play chips? lol SHOVE and PRAY lol...if real money I'd be out by now...

SoCalGrndR1

SoCalGrndR1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The options described by the other members did not include this one..... It is because this would be the worst case choice/scenario. The initial situation had only 2 options for me: call (not my choice - the stacks are not deep enough, listed earlier) or fold (my choice).

The present situation, you are left with 14M if you fold. We dont know where you are in the tournament regarding the bubble etc.... Now if I would determine is he stealing or not?? Yes, then shove - If a solid, tight, aggressive player then no. I cant say which without that info, where you are in the tournament.

SoCal

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
our M is >20 here so not time to gamble on a hand that doesn't play well unless we flop a set. Also would prefer to have multiple opponents when we mine low pairs. Fold and pick a better spot.

Also the elaboration of the question I would likely fold also as now we have a little more information on our opponents range. I realize our M would be lower than 20 now but I calculate this at the beginning of the hand only in order that it wont influence me on a decision to raise for more information. Although I would not resteal nor raise for more info with pocket 3's as any news is likely going to be bad news.

Last edited:

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a spot like this I think I would fold most of time. We're not deep enough for set-mining, and this pair is hard to play postflop with. Shoving is the 2nd good option but I think it's not neccesary to shove yet. It depends on your table and opp. The only option I don't like at all is the call option. It's not a crime to open-raise with 33 especially in LP but calling is so questionable.

F

freddy the monster65

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to a raise with any kind you fold pocket 33 all day only time you play 33 is if u have the first call i tell people in free pocket the hands that theysay theyfolded andwhould of won you are supposed to fold that hand to what ever raie some one doe

ggf99

ggf99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call will be nice. If open raiser is agro i call 2 streets in position.

P

pokersextreme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly i won't shove wirh 33 preflop unless I'm 10bb or under! Calling and seeing a flop will most likely be a bad decision because the chances of hitting is low so I'll say fold and wait for a stronger hand!

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Here is what Hero did:

Folded to CO, CO raises to $4,000, Hero raises to $9,600, CO raises all in 44,215, Hero ??

What would you do now??

I thought that flatting was the worst option here but seems like the click back is even worse :p

Were you so balanced that you could represent a monster here by min 3 bet? You are committing 30%+ of your stack with a questionable hand at this spot.

As you played it I don't think you have fold equity , in best case scenario you will flip against some AQ+ here.

I am just sharing my thoughts here , maybe I am totally wrong. I am curious about it :)

swannymojo

swannymojo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sixth hand from "How would you play it" series
This time, this is going to be a play by play

$11+R NLHE 9 players
800/1600

Villain (CO): $44,215
Hero (BN): $32,616

Folded to CO, CO raises to $4,000, Hero??

How would you play this preflop:

Would you fold, call or 3bet??

You've gotta fold there out of position. You could play bluff catcher there Heads up if he c-bet bluffs consistently but even if you play bluff catcher its very possible that his 'bluff c-bet' catches something that beats your pair of threes.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Again, here is what hero did:

Folded to CO, CO raises to $4,000, Hero raises to $9,600, CO raises all in 44,215, Hero calls all in $23,016

Flop: ($68,982, 2 players) 2 3 8

Turn: ($68,982, 2 players) T

River: ($68,982, 2 players)Q

CO shows K A (high card Ace)
Hero shows 3 3 (three of a kind, Threes)