What would you do if you couldn't win a single tournament for a whole year?

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you're a begginner it's ok. If you play for a consideral time you need to understand the fact of you it's a bad player and still playing for fun, or find another hobby. I know your level game, and i smile thinking what it's your situation

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I'd likely consider myself in the majority of players to be honest. Many players that play for a living can and do go longer then a year without winning an MTT. I've gone 2+ years before.

MTT variance can be soul crushing. Specially online MTT's where you have to outlast thousands of entries+re-entires most MTT's. It's basically almost a lottery ticket at micro/low stakes. Majority never win the lottery.

^This is usually why I have a cash table open while playing an MTT. I typically make my MTT entry back and then some. Meaning I almost always make a profit for the day.

Cheers!!!

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi :)
I would take a break and analyze my game and my mistakes. For good results, you need to work, including working on our own strengths and weaknesses. For example, I can tell you your weak point. You often play with junk and I'm more than sure that a large part of players, at least from our community, also noticed this. That is why you are always a welcome opponent, thanks to you it is very easy to double :)

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I went over six months without blinking MTT. My volume is between 25 to 30 MTT per week. I took a break for a week during this downswing and analyzed my hands to determine leaks in my game.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would not do anything. While I play a lot of poker my volume is lower than it was in previous years. I also like to play games that are not as small over all. If I played my Favorite game every day for a year I still would not be due to win one. In the early years I did not win one for over 2 years. Of course, playing tournament with 1500 to 3000 players or more you should not expect to win every year when playing less than 500 events a year.

Now if you are over due for 1 I would review my play. Am i just not getting lucky at the right time or is there something more. I would also look at my ROI over wins. If I am doing well and winning money just not winning one, I would not get so concerned.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think I would try our free course. Maybe you haven't heard of him. Considering how you usually play, you probably haven't heard. Pay attention, I recommend :)

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
It's all about ROI.

Extreme example: If I got second place 25 times out of 1000 and some other player won 1 of 1000 and placed out of the money the rest of the time I'm clearly better/luckier.

It's fun to win but you get disappointed if that is all you care about.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would analyze what I'm doing wrong and I would study more. Of course you need to see your ROI, which in the end is more important. We all want to win the 1st place because the feeling is great, but if your ROI is good even that you don't win any tournament in a year, I would not worry that much.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would keep playing but first I would re-evaluate my game and decide what I could change.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Continue playing obviously.

O

oskarsbaumanis2

Rock Star