What would you do with this hand? Help me please

kratos

kratos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was the begining of the tourney and the blinds were 10/20. The utg made a heavy bet of 7x and I was in the dealer position. I didn't know what to do.
What would you do here?

Attachments

• received_2104525416485864-1.jpg
    received_2104525416485864-1.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 85
iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
UTG is not in the hand :)

I'm not able to see exact sizes in this picture but words: beginning of the tourney, 7x bet and multipot makes it an easy fold for me. Honestly, I would fold it even before the raise here.

kratos

kratos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UTG is not in the hand :)

I'm not able to see exact sizes in this picture but words: beginning of the tourney, 7x bet and multipot makes it an easy fold for me. Honestly, I would fold it even before the raise here.
The small blind made the raise.You 're right.

BnaD

BnaD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Snap fold. Remember tournaments are about the long run. Folding marginal hands to over bets is a very easy play that extends your life in the tournament.

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im at least calling IP as played (pot is t496 hero has to add t124 IP with TQo). But i would bet preflop most of time rather than limping. limp/fold is terrible play IP. imo

SB made last bet aprox. 7x after everybody limped. imo

Overall limping on button is terrible. imo

I will never limp i will make that bet my own, in this case at least 5x on preflop if i decided to play that hand.

To kratos: Next time when you post hand read how to post correctly!

Last edited:
F

Falconpunch95

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Early in the tournament I wouldn’t want to be playing a bloated pot multiway , you’re going to have to play straightforward on the flop and QTo won’t get to realize it’s equity very often, plus there’s reverse implied odds if you hit your top pair with a weak kicker or chase a weak draw

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the beginning of the tournament, a simple fold...

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Easy fold Kratos then I cry when flop Q Q 10:biggrin:

V

Vavasurf

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sou novato

mais como essa mão e pelo valor do bet do cara eu foldo tranquilo, inicio de torneio nao tem pq entrar em level assim:ciao:

P

Pulsar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, everything is just easy! At the beginning of the tournament, such hands should be dropped, if there was at least one increase,if you enter the limp,then still wherever you go-you can look cheap,but again, most likely after the flop you will still have to throw it off!

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With this raise, it's right to fold. Even if you accept the challenge of an opponent and get a pair, there is no certainty that an opponent will not have the same pair but with a big kicker. The average dignity of the card is not credible.

kittykittykat

kittykittykat

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would fold, why risk your stack with so much game left to go.

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The beginning stages of a tournament are all about surviving ... this isn't a stellar hand even on the button ... and with a caller after a 7x bet, I'm folding no thoughts required to me .....

pdcactus1

pdcactus1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
limped pot

It limped to you, the button is worth a 3x raise at least, As you'll have to fold with 3 hands to beat or press your luck against the field with surely weak holdings. if it folded back to you on the 7x, take your chances with the flop and hit a card or 3 but odds say you'll be behind. You'll have plenty of time to wait for a better spot with better cards. I see people all the time that can't get off a hand even 3rd pr on the board, there is no reason to give your chips away probably because it worked once before. Only the math matters and only the read affects that.
At the point I see fold you made one mistake already don't make 2. Your finish is decided by your mistakes.

Sized sm CC 043
:bandit::icon_boun:bandit:​

cskwin

cskwin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Simple fold even when you see the flop pairs some. most cases the UTG might hit set or full house and knock you out with low stack.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would you play QTo? it's good enough to steal the blinds when nobody limped or raised before.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was the begining of the tourney and the blinds were 10/20. The utg made a heavy bet of 7x and I was in the dealer position. I didn't know what to do.
What would you do here?

I certainly would never call in that situation. Q10 is also a mediocre hand that should not be played unless players have folded to you.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After reading a lot of posts here on cardschat, my decision would be easy. Fold right away. The crazy players raise on almost anything early in tournaments. Just wait them out and your time will come. I have learned to be patient since joining cardschat

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Despite the fact that we are in position, our Q10o hand is weak to Call against the player with UTG

R

rmcneice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early in a tournament I would have small raised the QT there. I like to LAG at that time and QT is a good one early in the tournament but I never open limp and rarely limp behind it's raise to isolate or fold and wait.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy Fold... In very few cases You might have enough odds to make a call a break even play here.
But most of the time this will turn out to be a losing bet. Your hand is to vulnarable to enter a multi
way pot with it against 3 opponents...

R

RounderRob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
should fold with all the action that's in the hand.. a 72 call can kill you there..if you don't hit the flop your giving chips. and even if you hit, whats to say someone not sittn on PP A',s K's, 2's etc......

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands