What tournaments do you recommend for me to play?

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Welcome to the club @JesiEI !

If you have played poker before I'd recommend starting off with the lower cost tourneys. That would be the lowest cost entry you can find if playing live, and if playing online start with those in a range from $0.10 - $0.60.

If you haven't played poker start off with "play money". Global Poker, Poker Stars, and Replay Poker are the ones that I have experience with but I'm sure that there are many others.

Whether you are experienced or not, I'd also advise reading a book about playing tournaments. It is different than playing cash games and getting some specialized suggestions would be a big help. I know that it was for me! :)

ponistra7

ponistra7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also recommend freerolls. 888poker is offer many freerolls when you even can earn some money.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Welcome to CC, First you should know the rules and the basics of the game, Than you should watch and study after that try freerolls and micro buy-in tournaments not more than 1.1$. Good luck.

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I can also recommend Cardschat freerolls on all sites.
You can also find other freerolls at 888Poker.
You can collect a small bankroll there if you are clever.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
A satellite is a small tournament in which the prize is participation in a larger tournament. The game and rules of satellites are identical to regular tournaments. If there are many players participating in a satellite, then two or more players who take the best places can get a place in the big tournament. In addition, other participants can also be awarded cash prizes.

vadimcs1495

vadimcs1495

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello . If I were you, I would start by learning the theory. There are a lot of books on the Internet about poker and especially about tournament poker. There is also a lot of video material on YouTube that you can use. And after that, all the acquired knowledge can be used in freerolls. But you don't need to just start playing freerolls, it won't do you any good, be sure.

You need to start playing for real money after completing the course. I know many examples where professional players started their career just like that. Also, without investing anything in poker, I'm talking about money. When there is knowledge and money won from freerolls, the bankroll will soon grow. And the bankroll is your start. And be sure, if there is motivation, then there will be income from all the invested efforts. Good luck to you friend!!!

Get in touch if...:)

Last edited:
emgesi

emgesi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Specify what preferences you have, what format should be buy-in 1.10$ I recommend 😉

Bummy

Bummy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
If tournaments for money are only freerolls, since you are a beginner, you are unlikely to want to lose 100% of your money. Or play game chips to learn. Also read the articles, watch the lessons, you can even get training at the CC here.

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play as many as you can... keep it cheap... home games... clubs..... freerolls.

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Only freerolls and not less than half a year.

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are a beginner player in online tournaments, I think it would be good to start with low buy tournaments to learn the secret of online tournament play.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For beginners I recommend to keep things simple. This mean avoiding tournanents with bounties or other complications, and also avoid large field MTTs, where you have to play for many hours, and where its very difficult to get to a final table. I personally starting with MTT SnGs on pokerstars. The selection of these games is less, than it used to be, but they are still a good place to get started.

There is a $0,25, $0,5 and $1 On-demand game each with a maximum of 45 players. If they reach that maximum, 7 places will pay, which makes the final table very similar to that in larger MTTs. But you will reach the final table far more often, and you only need to commit something like 2 hours to play those with regular speed, and even less for the turbo ($0,5).

andron205

andron205

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
888 poker, the best poker room for beginners, has the most satellites and freerolls, starting with a one-cent buy-in

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Lot of freerolls first.
The more you have to experience the game, the players, see the different phases of the competition, not to mention you can earn money with it without risking your own.
This is exactly why freerolls were created.

IPlayToWin

IPlayToWin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
MD
Chips
You're in the right place :) Welcome to CC, and I suggest to you to start with CC events, and freerolls.
If you wish to deposit, then don't do more than 20$, because if you will try to play at medium limits, then you will lose, and your game as beginner will be on minus :) try to play MTT 1$, and satellites tournaments with buy in 1$.

theoxy

theoxy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also recommend freerolls at 888poker and them maybe you can try some sit n go from freeroll money or some small mtt.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm a beginner
One word - Freerolls.
If you are a beginner, just start with freerolls. This is the safest option, which does not require financial costs, but requires the investment of your time. It is especially important to start with our CardsChat freerolls, silver and platinum levels, because unlike other freerolls, there are literally a few bingo players in our freerolls :)

lilypond

lilypond

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I would recommend the CardsChat freerolls as a lot of the players there are studying poker so don't go all-in at every opportunity. So it becomes more of a game of skill rather than luck.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
If you are a beginner I think the best thing is that you start playing many freeroll tournaments since with them you can learn so much and make a good bankroll for when you go to play money tournaments, I also think that it would be good for you to play playmoney tournaments and obviously you should study to that you can understand and apply what you study, when you feel comfortable, and you realize that you have a solid base and a lot of confidence in yourself, I think you can play tournaments or sng that are low cost $0.10-$0.25 - $0.50

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
If you are a new poker player, you should play tournaments such as free ones, they are called freerolls, play them and have fun learning the game, and then when you can win them, you can play with this money the cheapest tournaments to get better