What tournament structure is the most profitable?

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play almost exclusively 6 max sit n goes. I have overall been very successful, I'm talking 10 and 20 dollar stakes. I like playing many tourneys in one session and I like the structure of the later tournament. I've been debating if I have been shortchanging myself by not playing in larger tournaments. I have won freerolls and satellites and made a few final tables, but have played VERY few of these larger tournaments. It is just sooo frustrating to play a field of say 500 competitors to place 16th and miss any real payout. With that said with the stamina to play these out I could win a nice payout, with just more variance. My best month ever in sit n goes was bout $1500, and my worst ever was probably down a couple hundred.

I can play a couple sit and goes and one larger tournament at the same time. I'm looking for some feedback from those who have been successfully continuously in a large tournament structure.

rsparente

rsparente

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
PKOs where were I got the most of my returns on investment. As you can even have bigger prizes than the first place only by knocking out opponents. Get rid of any Mistery Bounty game, this is ridiculously bad, and you get to rely much more on luck to have great bounties.

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
The most profitable tournaments in roi% are the slowest pace tournaments. These also have the least variance.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
MTT tournaments are one of the most profitable poker formats for several reasons. The main reason is that if you have an edge, it will only increase over time.Poker tournaments are also profitable because they attract a huge number of relatively inexperienced players. If you play cash games at high limits, then you will usually have a maximum of 1-2 weak players at the table. However, in high stakes tournaments there can easily be 5 or 6 inexperienced players at each table. Most amateur players are considered bad, but some professionals often are.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play almost exclusively 6 max sit n goes. I have overall been very successful, I'm talking 10 and 20 dollar stakes. I like playing many tourneys in one session and I like the structure of the later tournament. I've been debating if I have been shortchanging myself by not playing in larger tournaments. I have won freerolls and satellites and made a few final tables, but have played VERY few of these larger tournaments. It is just sooo frustrating to play a field of say 500 competitors to place 16th and miss any real payout. With that said with the stamina to play these out I could win a nice payout, with just more variance. My best month ever in sit n goes was bout $1500, and my worst ever was probably down a couple hundred.

I can play a couple sit and goes and one larger tournament at the same time. I'm looking for some feedback from those who have been successfully continuously in a large tournament structure.
MTT selection strat depends on your timeline goals- So if you are looking to grind them to get a consistent return then you want the small field dailies--if on the other hand you are looking for the big win then that is the big fields but you could easily go years before you bink.

Standard MTT pros grind the small fields and then take shots at the big paydays

Grinding the PKO's have great value but you need to study pko strat to have a clear advantage

:unsure::geek:

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am sorry for the late response- I have not logged on in a bit. I don't play PKO's because I don't really know the strategy to play them. I love sit and goes because I can commit 40 minutes and be done, or I can play many. My best day every was probably close to $200 profit.

I play on pokerstars PA and I wish that they would combine the player pool with other states. The tournaments available are very limited. When I play sit and goes for a long period at a time I am going to start playing one tournament with a larger player pool at the same time. I think I can exploit both of these tournament structures.

Years ago Pokerstars use to have the 3 and 5 table Sit and Goes and I did very well. I miss those as they are not an option here. I am going to start to try and take advantage of the smaller field tournaments and see if I cannot grind out some larger wins.

Any tips for transitioning?

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I mainly play two to four tournaments at a time. Most of all, I like regular tournaments where the blinds increase every 10 minutes and where there are 9 players at the table.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bounty or progressive tournaments are atractive for me. You must eliminate 1 or 2 players to get money back what you invest in tournament. It's also good fun when you eliminate player and get cash for it.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
if you have a lot of patience in tournaments, you can play non-bounty tournaments and win good big prizes. If you don't have much patience, bounty tournaments are best for you to knock out a couple of people and get all the money back on how lucky you play and have fun, long tournaments are suitable for me because I'm very patient