This is a discussion on What strategy should I follow in the middle of an MTT? within the online poker forums, in the Tournament Poker section; I do not know how to play in the middle of an MTT tournament ... I make bad decisions ... how should my game be
In general, when you're talking about the mid-stages there are a few guidelines:
1. Steal blinds whenever you get a chance.
2. Be okay flatting with suited connectors, broad-way cards(anything that flops well) when getting a good price (provided you're not in a desperate stack zone).
3. Don't ever think of set-mining unless you're in a table full of big stacks.
4. Adjust your short-stack strategy because antes have kicked in and your range needs to be adjusted.
5. If you've been observant enough, you might have some reads on opponent (these reads are valid if you've more than 70-80 hands on the villain, else don't bother). Use them and wisely.
re: Poker & What strategy should I follow in the middle of an MTT?
I believe by middle stage you mean 25-40bb. In this instance you should open less at 40bb and even less at 25bb from each position. This is because it's harder to realize your hands EV or make your opponent fold.
Also you bet sizes should be appropriate so that you could bet at least 50% on the river when you're All In.
Try not to overbluff as many players continue if they hit something, but also try to make some moves as this is how you win pass through this stage.