What raise size will make you fold the best AA hand on the preflop?

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The whole hour of the tournament passes. I play confidently and have a stable stack of 90 BB. Everything ends because of one hand. I raise on preflop and the villains put all in with JJ and AK. Are you familiar with such a frequently recurring situation?
If my stack exceeds 50 BB, I will fold and continue to enjoy the game next time.
https://play.americascardroom.eu/on...2ef0323b98b08bee0e8510b07ce7be4a77d16df199da9

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Things like this have happened to me before, and more than once.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The whole hour of the tournament passes. I play confidently and have a stable stack of 90 BB. Everything ends because of one hand. I raise on preflop and the villains put all in with JJ and AK. Are you familiar with such a frequently recurring situation?
If my stack exceeds 50 BB, I will fold and continue to enjoy the game next time.
https://play.americascardroom.eu/on...2ef0323b98b08bee0e8510b07ce7be4a77d16df199da9
If you want to enjoy the game then folding is fine- there are no hands we have to play for stacks if we are there to enjoy the game

:unsure::geek:

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
I don't see myself folding AA (% by far best pre-flop hand) no matter what the bet is and no matter what the stacks are. If I lose post flop, then so be it. I can buy in into another game and "enjoy poker" there.

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

I know this is not a usual decision...but in ACR you should fold this hand.

I will not go into mathematical merits because they will say the opposite.
From what I could see in ACR, ANYTHING can happen... these spots appear all the time...
When many people show interest and have enough stack to 'hurt' you, fold the hand, even with the premiums.

Well... really I can only have some success in the ACR this way... very tight and taking advantage of the right spots.

In doing so I managed to get a ninth place and a lot of cash in these $3500 freerolls since last week.

When I wanted to play as the 'manual' says, I always failed.

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Having the best hand prefop, folding is not an option for me. I did lose with AA. going allin preflop more than 150 bb, playing the biggest buyin (530 $) tournie ever on the bubble tho. It actualy cost me 1k$ more, coz i smashed my laptop after that hand.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If i fold my aa pocket i will fold everything so with aa i call any raise......if me i will raise probably too.....

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's variance dude! Folding aces preflop won't take you anywhere in the future even though you lost in that hand, you have more than 75% percent equity againt all hands so folding is not an option

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I know this is not a usual decision...but in ACR you should fold this hand.

I will not go into mathematical merits because they will say the opposite.
From what I could see in ACR, ANYTHING can happen... these spots appear all the time...
When many people show interest and have enough stack to 'hurt' you, fold the hand, even with the premiums.

Well... really I can only have some success in the ACR this way... very tight and taking advantage of the right spots.

In doing so I managed to get a ninth place and a lot of cash in these $3500 freerolls since last week.

When I wanted to play as the 'manual' says, I always failed.
I meant... I'm coming in with little time left to close the registration...
If I catch them at the start of a normal game... the rebuy is right there.

In ACR every 5 pairs of aces I see 3 to 4 lose then! hahahaha
The last one I fell in ninth was an AA from the bb against an AJs from the button.

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker is a risky. If you want to win the tournaments you should often play not only with the best hands. And if you fold with AA preflop, it is strange for me...

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I 3 bet in this spot witb AA this is exactly what I want to have happen pre is someone jam so I am fist pumping getting it in. I have been sucked out on like this too (we all have) but that doesnt mean that we shouldnt want to get the best hand in with all the chips in the middle no matter what the stack is. Satties aside, we should always want to get AA in pre flop. I agree that when there are like 5 others getting all in with you probably will lose more than 50% of the time but that would also be to sextuple or whatever the word would be for that lol. So, I would just take this as a cooler and be over it in 5-10 mins but it would never make me question whether getting AA all in was bad.

markdias

markdias

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Eu não desisto de um AA Pré-Flop Nunca e Jamais

pasha poltava

pasha poltava

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I will never fold AA, I will also raise all-n!!!

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
...yes by all means please fold a huge pot as a 75% fave😎👍

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
For me it is difficult to know how to play AA since many times it does not matter how I start playing or how much I bet from the beginning I lose again and again, and sometimes it is not only with AA but with KK, QQ etc, surely there must be an effective way to play it but I also think that not because we have AA we will always win with them, it is very difficult to think about folding them, at that time it was very easy to take risks, because you needed to win chips, but with the more advanced tournament you would surely think and analyze a little more how to play it

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes much more enjoyable to stay in the game with a small stack, knowing you're not trying to build a stack with the best hand you can get... & just keep folding.
I wouldn't fold even if my grandmother's entire bankroll was invested on the hand.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think this is another boring rigged thread but two posts caught my attention: eetenor has a point, if you are a recreational and your intention is just to have fun, you can fold AA or a quads in a coordinated board where you believe villain will hit his straight flush.
Another point is of Poker Orifice: if you are not a declared and assumed recreational, if Daniel Negreanu goes all-in, Phyl Ivey calls and Doug Poulk jams as well and I’m holding AA, I will call it just a 100% of times. :ROFLMAO:

Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
There are rare situations where I fold AA. Bubble phase and short stack is one such situation. Or even in the early stages of a tournament, when 3 have already gone all-in before.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The only time I could see me folding pocket aces pre flop would be this way. If i somehow ever play the wsop main event and 1st few hands dealt get aces and someone blast all in I could see myself folding. If it ever happens it would probably be my only time, there for it and I would really like to enjoy playing in that one for a while. It would be a bad play I admit.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker