What players do you admire and why?

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello folks, the players I admire are Annette Obrestad/Annette_15, and Péter Traply/Belabacsi, because they started their careers playing free tournaments, just like me, now they have won thousands of dollars playing poker, one day I would like to be like them. ;):cool::oops::LOL:

franciscomos

franciscomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly I don't know about poker players, that one that I know is Daniel Negreanu, but in the past days I fell in love with a pretty girls that I saw playing in a video of pokerstars on Facebook, now I follow her on Instagram and she also play chess 🥰 I don't remember the name haha but if I found her I will post here...

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello folks, the players I admire are Annette Obrestad/Annette_15, and Péter Traply/Belabacsi, because they started their careers playing free tournaments, just like me, now they have won thousands of dollars playing poker, one day I would like to be like them. ;):cool::oops::LOL:
I think this is quite a real and achievable goal. Everything is in your hands. Good luck :)

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Tom Dwan. Did the transition from online crusher to Ultra-High stake LIVE games like it was the most natural and easiest thing in the world.

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Phil Lark because of his variance awareness Annette Obrestad because my convo with her was probably the most insightfully intriguing I'd had with a player while I was an events and festival dealer

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Belabacsi is still playing regularly online! He's a BEAST!

Myself, I'd have to pick Shaun Deeb & Paul Volpe. Both online NLHE MTT crushers online and both made the transition to Live play after Black Friday AND specializing in Mixed Games. Deeb has won wsop Player of the Year & also taken Runner UP. Volpe has also takin' Runner UP spot.

Ogma

Ogma

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
Steve O'Dwyer - absolute unflappable giant.

Ivey and Dwan also pretty good too.

Poker crush - Jennifer Harman.

Used to love Sammy Farha back in the high stakes days.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Probably most of us, members of our community, have something like this goal. But not all of us will be able to achieve this. I hope that at least a few of us will really succeed.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've always liked Daniel Negreanu's performance and table manners.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
From my country, the life story of Alejandro "Papo Mc" Lococco is not only exciting, but it is an example to follow that when you want to realize your dreams you must have perseverance and they will come true.

alejandro-papo-mc-lococo-campeon-ept-barcelona-2022-755x503.jpg

At an international level, I am fascinated by the coldness that Tom Dwan has when playing

TTPK_Tom_Ambass_web.jpg

And the player I admire most in my life is "the godfather" of poker, the late and enormous Doyle Brunson.

Doyle-Brunson-PokerCentral.jpeg

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have admiration for so many players that it would be hard to name them all:
Doyle Brunson
Daniel Negreanu
David Peters
Erik Seidel
Fedor Holz
João Lisandro
Bryn Kenney.

bullkk

bullkk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I respect Ronaldo, this is a real, great player!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have admiration for so many players that it would be hard to name them all:
Doyle Brunson
Daniel Negreanu
David Peters
Erik Seidel
Fedor Holz
João Lisandro
Bryn Kenney. ???
Not sure who could pick Brynn? He's a cheating scumbag. (I like the rest of your picks though... just not Brynn. I can't stand that guy!)

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Generally speaking, I am inspired by everyone who has achieved what I strive for in all aspects of life. Pads is one of the few who were at the top and were able to return after a long break.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Tom Dwan cause he started with 50$ bankroll run to 1million in a month

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I really enjoy following Rafael Moraes and Lali Tournier. They are professional players from brazil, both affiliated with Pokerstars. The reason is that in addition to playing, they share a lot of knowledge on their channels, as well as promoting tournaments for players. It's really cool what they do for poker, for the players.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I "admire" all the "players" i can militarize out of the game.

RhinoRyan89

RhinoRyan89

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Poker players i admire and have always looked upto and held in the highest of regards.

The main player i admired when i first started playing poker was.

Team Pokerstars Pro: Jason Mercier

Reason I gravitated to Jason was his laid back cool dude appearance.

But he was an absolute end boss online and live in any poker variant you could throw at him.

He won 5 WSOP events prior to 2016 took an extended break from poker to raise his family.

Came back to the poker at the WSOP in 2023 and shipped his 6th braclet not lost a beat.

Lastly the Poker player i admire at the very highest level of the game playing all the biggest buy ins and an absolute Crusher has got to be.

Stephen Chidwick

This guy has got to be one of the best live poker players ive seen.

Cool carm and collected gotta be one of the sharpest minds in the game for sure.

Absolutely fearless and his result at triton speaks volumes.

Not to mention his longevity seems to have been at the top table for ever.

Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I admire all poker players who live on this and this is their main job. it's a lot of nerves and work to earn a living playing poker

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I don't follow players just watch professional players' games and enjoy it not looking at their names but just watching how they play and what maps and in what positions so I just admire myself:I CAN'T laugh:

B

budweiser74777

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I constantly follow several regulars on PS - their play and tactics!!!!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Stephen Chidwick

This guy has got to be one of the best live poker players ive seen.

Cool carm and collected gotta be one of the sharpest minds in the game for sure.

Absolutely fearless and his result at triton speaks volumes.

Not to mention his longevity seems to have been at the top table for ever.

I remember watching him battle it out with the likes of Shaun Deeb (TedsFishfry) on the Fulltilt Poker tournament tables (FTOPS etc.) back in 2008, 2009. He was a good player back then & played a lot online (screename Stevie444)