What kinda player are you

J

Jkj19886

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So what kinda player are you when the tourney is nearing placement? For me I'm looking to win so while i may not call an allin with a low pp like 55 but ill raise mid position with kq unless their is like 1 left obviously that's a lil different situation. I'm more asking with 10 left or so when low and mid stacks are using bank timers hoping to get a few more out before the next hand is dealt. Do you fold no matter what unless u have aa or kk or are u more like me and ur playing about the same regardless b/c your looking to win.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I try to play toward what the table is showing. I will try and steal pots if the table is folding a majority of hands. If they are defending their blinds I will tighten up. It all depends on how the table is acting in my point of view.

J

Jkj19886

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to play toward what the table is showing. I will try and steal pots if the table is folding a majority of hands. If they are defending their blinds I will tighten up. It all depends on how the table is acting in my point of view.
I agree with u their guess i shoumda worded it diff as im was asking do u call that raise by the chip stack bully with aj or aq. Or do u not take that chance just in general

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always stick to my game plan without deviating from it.

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play NL2 and I think that at that level I play tigth in tournaments I can play with a wider range

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker is a hobby for me that gives me pleasure. So I just play poker, wait patiently for good cards and never play with junk. I don't plan anything, I just play when I have free time and a good mood. I only play in tournaments and I don't play cash games. In general, thanks to poker I have a stable profit and I am completely satisfied with my results. Good luck.

M

manIk5

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm player who easily adjusts to the game .

Basically its like this , if my opponents at the table are more tight and nitty , I tend to play more hands from various positions , not garbage ofc ! And I play them aggressivly .
If opponents at the table are loose and/or maniacs , I play much more tight and wait for better spots and trap them all !!!

In most cases , at least on those tourney I played , they are all very loose aggressive , so I fold almost everything , and wait for great spots and/or the nuts and slowplay them , else I'm either gonna bust or extract no value at all :D

DanS87

DanS87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I've recently learnt that I'm a very passive player and I seem to get worse once the number of players left gets close to the ITM threshold. Last time I did this I ended up slipping out and finished 2 places away from being ITM.

Thankfully, the 30 day poker school on here is helping me better understand position and the benefits of playing more aggressively, so I'm trying to make some changes to my play style.

We'll see how it goes lol

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The closer I get to the prize money, the more I pick up a card to play and the more I play tight.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I donn't plan to ever play a certain way

At the beginning of every video game it asks you "Who are you?"
I never get past the name screen

I DONT KNOW~!!!!

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the table is tight, I play loosely, and vice versa.

J

Joselmb31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always apply my knowledge to each table that this is, whatever the tournament, obviously, the closer the bubble is, the more I squeeze the players who have fewer chips on the table, even more so if my hand is decent to make that move. .

N

Negan92222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find on last table, wait for a good hand first to act or so and just limp in, there is always someone with just an ace who raises trying to scare you off and then you can counter them and make them commit more chips

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play very couscous nearing the bubble, too many times I have lost because of a bad beat at the bubble. Over all what hurts me the most is I play not to loose. I am working on it but it is hard to loose that mentality.

27OffsuitRaise

27OffsuitRaise

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends!

Why is this not a poll?

I think majority of players have said they will loosen up if too tight and tighten up if too loose. But the guy asked what you would do in the late stages of a tourney, So the chances of you having enough information on your opponents hands to understand whether they are playing loose or are just getting good cards or vice versa how will you know at a late stage of a tourney when you have been moved tables and therefore will not have been able to see enough hands to profitably deviate and exploit?? Also would you really do all these things say if, there was 200K guaranteed so you would be happy to whiff the bubble. Just wandering. :joyman:

Lupus

Lupus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with u their guess i shoumda worded it diff as im was asking do u call that raise by the chip stack bully with aj or aq. Or do u not take that chance just in general

I have started marking those bullies with a color code. I use yellow for the All in bullies after seeing a few of the hands they are playing. Most of the time they seem to play marginal hands, rarely very good hands. If they actually seem to only go all in with premium then I mark them with the color red.
This hopefully helps me with those decisions. If I have them marked yellow, I will call with darn near any Broadway hand. But if they are red, I will need a premium hand to call.
If I do not have any clues about the villain then I play tighter.
Good luck

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I am the type of player who follows her instinct and tries to apply a bit of the knowledge she has, but without neglecting my instinct, I like to set goals while I play, for example: 1st step ITM, 2nd, XY place and that kind of things

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a hobby for me that gives me pleasure. So I just play poker, wait patiently for good cards and never play with junk. I don't plan anything, I just play when I have free time and a good mood. I only play in tournaments and I don't play cash games. In general, thanks to poker I have a stable profit and I am completely satisfied with my results. Good luck.

I agree>. Play patiently usually works well.

B

Bman2410

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a complete rookie.

I have no idea really how to even play. I just have fun doing it. I don't win that much though... :confused: