What kind of villains do you prefer?

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What kind of villains do you prefere in online poker tournaments?

Do you prefere freerolls with thousands of weak players or serious tournament with houndred regular players?

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It doesn't matter which tournament to play. The most important thing is to have a plan for games, analyze your play and the play of your opponents, hone your opponents reading skills, learn to make informed decisions.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is more satisfying winning with good players. Also, only a good player will fold to a bluff.

Porras2424

Porras2424

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, if I could choose ,, I would choose a villain who folds all my reraises, it would be beautiful ,,,, real life 99% in today's poker, the villain you have, get ready ,, is really very dangerous ,, never folds and they have enviable luck ,,, they send you Allin with 5 2 off. Q3 off, it seems that these types of fish are accompanied by luck ,,, in my reality that it is my turn to play our game ... the competition in the world of poker today is very good ,,, Luck in tables ,,, relax and do not deconcentrate those villains ...

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It doesn't matter which tournament to play. The most important thing is to have a plan for games, analyze your play and the play of your opponents, hone your opponents reading skills, learn to make informed decisions.

You're right in live games with villains you know very well. Or in online using soft like HM. But if you don't know nothing about 500 players from 1k paticipants of freeroll or you can play $100 MTT with 100 villains(mostly regulars or good players), what do you prefere?

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're right in live games with villains you know very well. Or in online using soft like HM. But if you don't know nothing about 500 players from 1k paticipants of freeroll or you can play $100 MTT with 100 villains(mostly regulars or good players), what do you prefere?
I only use special software to analyze the game. As for your question, I don't care who to play with. Each player needs a special approach.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer those who think they are above freeroll level when anyone who has money to register to any game can consider him/herself a player.

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play with the people slightly stronger than me, which forces me to be vigilant and gives the possibility to learn something new.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It feels better to play against good players, because in the players can also learn from it.
But most people don’t play at the level they want.

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The worse the player, the better results I can expect, so I will take the weak players thank you.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What else increases my mathematical chance of winning according to my strategy, whether professional or donk

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who wants to have strong players at the table.) I prefer to win without much effort.

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What else increases my mathematical chance of winning according to my strategy, whether professional or donk

Who wants to have strong players at the table.) I prefer to win without much effort.

I agree with you both, but I ask about preferring play vs good player or vs unpredictable donk.

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play vs fish, but these type of players always get my mad by being unpredictable. They can call u with garbage like T2 and they often get there.

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play against solid players, or at least players that have a good understanding of the game. Their actions usually make perfect sense and it make decision making easier. The hardest villains to play against are the aggressive ones who don't understand what their bets and raises and calls are actually representing. It is mentally draining to play these players. These hands also will frequently go to the river and you need to show down a winning hand.

For the past few months I have been playing on $10 and $20 sit n go's only- one of each at the same time. I am faring significantly better in the higher buy in games. The only reason I don't play higher stakes is that I have SERIOUS connection problems and lose my buy-ins frequently.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play against loose and bad players, because it gives me the best chance to win. There are many names for these, like fish, donkey, maniac, funplayer etc. I dont care to much, if they are aggressive or passive, since both can be very profitable for me.

C

casique31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Those who are caught in the heat of battle and not those who are shivering with fear, if you sat down to play play and if not become a stockbroker and speculate all you want

R

Royal9012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What kind of villains do you prefere in online poker tournaments?

Do you prefere freerolls with thousands of weak players or serious tournament with houndred regular players?
Doesn't metter.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think everyone would like to get a full table of weak players. In order to easily double your stack. But in fact, beating the strong and patient is twice as pleasant.

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think everyone would like to get a full table of weak players. In order to easily double your stack. But in fact, beating the strong and patient is twice as pleasant.
Most important is predictible of villain (but if he's LAG, he must play unpredictably also) and your experience on my mind.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I WANT advanced exploitative PROS that understand ICM and fold equity

hhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaa SUCKERS!!!!

Goku55

Goku55

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like a mix

Free rolls are cheap and time occupying but I feel like they also teach you how to pinpoint a weak player and just how people think subconsciously when you get to final tables. But eventually most people always want to play at more convenient times and for higher stakes.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play against loose and bad players, because it gives me the best chance to win. There are many names for these, like fish, donkey, maniac, funplayer etc. I dont care to much, if they are aggressive or passive, since both can be very profitable for me.
What would you say about Gus Hansen, Patrick Antonius and Tom Dwan.
Just because a person is a maniac and fishy does not mean theyr'e bad players

Happylake

Happylake

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I love the mix.

I love the mix. I start the day with a tournament where those who know a little about poker play. When I get tired, I switch to freerolls. Then I sleep. Then I wake up. And I start all over again. This scheme works.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i like tournaments with less people

i prefer weak tight players of course

but also maniac players who are not good in poker . you can either be a very good player being a maniac . or a total fish

i have crushed a maniac in real life several times and got his cash . funnily enough his girlfriend is weak tight . so i crushed both lol