What kind of tournament do you prefer? The slow, turbo or hyper?

A

ands1000

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What kind of tournament do you prefer? The slow, turbo or hyper, because the type of change of the curtains changes a lot the dynamics of the tournament, making it more comfortable or more difficult to follow the same!

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Turbo is the best! Hypers are just too much, late stages I just don't know enough about what to fold, Multiway shoves etc

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play turbo and regular tournaments. I don't have enough time for slow tournaments. And playing hyper is a game of luck.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
i have done almost everything at poker and rarely play hyper because it is too risky a game but if you have the right cards and have a little luck it can be a lot of fun. The bluff facktor is much higher then in turbo or slow. I play Turbo most of the time but I also like slow because it is usually a bit quieter there but I don't have a real favorite although I can say that hyper is not my favorite

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like slow tournaments to enjoy the game.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer a 5 minute turbo as we get to the final result faster

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, the slow structure of the tournament is more acceptable as it makes it possible to follow the game slowly. As for the turbo and hyper turbo, I get lost in them and make a lot of mistakes.

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think the faster the more luck is needed. A 1 or 2 minute blindrise MTT is just a fold or shove event und rarely a pokergame imo. In a freeroll it's fun and doesn't waste much time.
I prefer 5 to 8 min. A good compromise for speed and control over the game.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In turbo and hyper-turbo much less depends on the skill of the player, the influence of luck is more. A good player has a lesser advantage and plays in the plus only because of the knowledge of push-fold, making positive pushes. If you choose between turbo and non-turbo, then certainly not a turbo to play plus turbo tournaments you have to be a very good player. If you have more than 10 roi for 1000 tournaments, then you can switch to turbo.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer regular as this allows you to play poker longer before you have to start playing fold shove poker and start flipping for your life. That said turbo is good when you are short on time but you need to be more aggressive to stay ahead of the blinds. I avoid hyper unless it’s a free ticket.

WickedFRoST

WickedFRoST

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like all formats. Every game is different and demands adjustments of your strategy.

The slower the structure, the more hands you will eventually play, so the game is much more like a cash game.

But when blinds go up fast, it means that you won't be able to wait for good spots only, eventually you will need to take risk in order to gain chips, and survive, so these formats typically have higher variance.

Nevertheless, even in fast structures, you should make correct decisions in order to succeed, its not ONLY about luck, that's why I like to play both, fast and slow tournaments.

At the end of the days, if I do not have much free time, but I really want to play, I will definitely go for hypers.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play all types of tournaments, but I feel more comfortable in turbo mode.

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like turbos, they don’t drag on as long and there’s players who don’t understand you have to open your range a bit and push a little more;)

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that the faster the format of the tournament, the more difficult it is to show your best qualities in poker. If you think that today is a happy day, then you can safely register in the hyper - tournament. Because there needs to be some unreal luck.