What does it take to be considered a tough player?

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Imagine that you're playing in MTT in which nobody knows you, nor knows your skills. What actions make other players take you seriously? Or said in other words, what mistakes should you avoid making?

:listen:

I find the toughest players are the aggressive players, always raising pre-flop and re-raising, but that is the nature of the game, the aggressive players always seem to win, and I try to be aggressive at times but my biggest fault is I tend to bluff too often.
Sometimes it pays off but eventually I do come unstuck and lose, I don't mind giving secrets away because sometimes I might not be bluffing, so be careful (lol).
Being honest about it though I do like to have fun when playing and if I cannot pull off a bluff now and again, the game just wouldn't be as exciting, I have won a few MTTs and I also do well when I buy-into SnG Games because I keep the stakes low and just run with it and have some fun.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think a player that is always aggressive at the tabl i considered a tough player. It is always difficult to read the player as he/she always plays the hand. This confuses some so it makes him/her a difficult player to gauge.

Beatlebug

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think any actions, that allow you to take chips from other guys will make them study you carefully and think well before playing against you ;)
You have to build the game from your own rules, knowledge and capabilities ;) All players make mistakes, but the main ones are, when you overestimate yourself and the strength of your cards! Remember, a stupid fold allows you to save chips, a stupid call or all-in does not allow anything and closes the table for you ;) And it doesn't matter if you have chips left after that or not, when you lose a lot, you lose yourself and it's very, very difficult to get back into the game ;)

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes

Yes, here is a card game called pif paf, which you can play with betting, this game I've played a lot, in addition to patience and hearts

forrow10

forrow10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Imagine that you're playing in MTT in which nobody knows you, nor knows your skills. What actions make other players take you seriously? Or said in other words, what mistakes should you avoid making?

I think you need to be unpredictable and solid with your play but there is no short way for that

D

denis_og79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
avoid playing like a loser, play as focused as possible, no bluff

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

one of the most dangerous contenders for a beginner. He carefully chooses his starting hands and plays them as aggressively as possible, putting enormous pressure on his opponent. It is quite easy to distinguish this type, as he is often the strongest player at the table, especially at the lower limits. Try to avoid such opponents, but if this is impossible - keep yourself in control and play strictly according to the card, keeping the number of bluffs to a minimum. It will be useful to take an advantageous position at the table and keep the TAG to your right in order to have the right to the last vote in the hand.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, there is no such thing. You can play your game perfectly, change strategies from a tight game to a loose one. But you will come across an opponent against whom all your skills and the correctness of the game will not help all his garbage cards will win against your correct cards. Only luck and a random number generator determines this game.