What does it take to be considered a tough player?

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Imagine that you're playing in MTT in which nobody knows you, nor knows your skills. What actions make other players take you seriously? Or said in other words, what mistakes should you avoid making?

:listen:

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you wanna people consider you a serious player,there is only one way to do that.
To earn a lot money from poker.Notactions,not hands,not bluff.Just money!

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you wanna people consider you a serious player,there is only one way to do that.
To earn a lot money from poker.Notactions,not hands,not bluff.Just money!

So as your stack increases (without bluffing or taking unnecessary risks), people realize that you are a serious player. Am I wright?

RParris

RParris

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Passive play

I find that specifically people fear the person who almost never limps, loves to raise and reraise and is a a consistent winner!

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think mixing up strategy and balancing value with bluffs makes one a tough player to play against. Of course, fearless exploitative players are also tough to play against.

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tough player? Probably either aggressive or a player that plays near perfect.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
We will always play tournaments where nobody or almost nobody knows us, especially if they are MTT of many players, but answering your question, I think that for a player to be considered tough he must be very consistent in his game, it must be very difficult to read, must avoid falling into provocations, and must be faithful to his way of playing

papapokera85

papapokera85

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Play your game and no show off.

papapokera85

papapokera85

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I find that specifically people fear the person who almost never limps, loves to raise and reraise and is a a consistent winner!
I completely agree)

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
making good decision in calling or folding hands :)

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A player who puts constant pressure

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never play in fear of losing or winning. Players fold a lot because their game is never enough because they play fearfully, and most players do not bet when they have good hands for fear that they will fold if they bet hard without taking value out of their strong hands. Bet big with game, if you don't have a strong game, control the pot, but don't always fold, try to make the other player have to make difficult plays.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think the typical mistake of beginner's is to play with junk. If you are patient and play with strong cards, then your opponents will understand that it is better not to joke with you.

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker

To do this, you need to cultivate confidence and calmness in yourself. You need to turn into a professional sniper.

W

whyfold that

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
folding good hands to big raises and or bluffing at the right time

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Tough players are able and put you in tough situations when the situation is available. When they are at the table they can be a TAG, NIT LAG or a loose passive player and a calling station all at the same time.There style changes for each person at the table so you cant just see what style they are a they can play them all.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play reasonably, good ranges, when you show your hand it has to be strong holding, be unpredictable, and have biggest chip stack in front of yourself.

passat1600

passat1600

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
To be a cool player, you need to constantly win ;) And in order to constantly win, you need to have certain knowledge and skills, and the sixth sense must be present ... Something like this ;)

P

ppartizan2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think a tough player is the one that can read your calls atleast 30 percent of the time,and also he is able to fold quads against tougher quads.I think the masterful art that makes you a tough player is when to fold a good hand.

M

mouTAT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3bet and not limping and playing ranges in position

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you can play long concentrated hrs of poker without making mistakes

vadimcs1495

vadimcs1495

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tell the limp - No. Also try to open only a narrow range. And try to play until showdown so that your opponents can see what you are playing.

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Experienced player that are able to put in tough spots and player that have the ability to adapt faster and change the game style, in simple words player that are very hard to read and predict!

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Top players have strong mathematical abilities, are patient and calm, pay close attention to details, make quick decisions, and adjust swiftly to changing circumstances.

A

Avanti3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Constantly work to improve math skills