What do you think is the best play when you're in the prize bubble?

P

ProDG99

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider to pass until one is eliminated :p

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the amount of chips you have behind. With many of them I would try to make some pressure with solid hands on the opponents, especially in late position and otherwise I would play tight.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sit quietly on the bubble like a mouse, and even if I have a large stack, I don’t get into big fights.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It depends from some factors, like your stack compairing with the others's stacks, and the kind of players that are at the table. Basically the play must be a wise play and carefull.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Depends, on your hand, what you know about your opponents, how the table has been playing around the bubble & sometimes on how much you stand to win by surviving the bubble. Bottom line, is your goal to win or do you consider it more important at the time to cash. Just remember, having a big starting hand guarantees nothing, nor does timid play. I have lost both ways & folding strong hands only to end up bubbling out after 2 or 3 short stacks catch winners until you find yourself the bubble & lose, really leaves a bad taste & really doesn't help improve ones skills.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends of how much chips do I have. If I have a very good amount of chips I usually take advantage of the situation to steal blinds. If I only have an average amount of chips, I usually wait to the next player be eliminated. If I'm short stack and in risk to be the bubble, I wait and try to only play with strong hands.

G

gassstation

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wait for good cards, and try to take the best prizes.

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on your stack. If the probability of losing the tournament is high, you can reset AA. Sometimes having a stack larger than your opponent can be played aggressively. For the same reason, opponents will not want to take risks and play with you. It is important what image you have at the table.

yango

yango

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This type of game is always passive and calculating because if we play crazy, a player who has a good hand will connect very easily and then kick us off the table.

leoniq888

leoniq888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!

If the stack is deep (50 BB or more), I usually try to pressure my opponents, naturally in position. But when the stack is small (10-15 BB), I choose Push Fold Strategy, and go all-in only with top pairs.

IADaveMark

IADaveMark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
You will probably notice from the amount of replies that contained "if" and "depends" that your question is overly simplistic. It begs to have a different answer for every possible situation or groups of similar situations that could present. Your stack size, other people's stack sizes, position, and only then do you start looking at your cards.

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I see so many people play it hard, raising big almost every hand, and keep stealing the blinds and limpers chips. I wish I could play that way but I chicken out with anything half decent. I'm often not a chip leader in the prize pool so my only real move usually ends up going all in as soon as I have a high pair.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t vary my play a lot because these bubbles can sometimes drag on for hours. It’s literally the slowest part of any tournament.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
go super agressive yolo if I don't have a lot of chips or if i'm in a rush, but conservative if I have a large amount

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
do you mean post bubble in general or do you mean final table ? because it would be different in each case

if i am post bubble but not on the final table yet i will play agressively and somewhat tight without being too tight . i will bet high and push all in whenever i have hit something good ....pressure play

however when i am on the final table i will be a lot more tight and also wait others to kick each other out . especially if i have a lot of chips

P

Pleshe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I have a comfortable stack, unless I get something really good, I'd rather just wait it out.

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the stack if i'm confortable i try to pick some spots bully some short stacks but if i'm short depends if i estimate i can make it i play tight and shove premium hands.