What do you think about an agressive player on tournaments?

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When i play some online tournaments i see many players playing aggresive but without a strategy.
But ths is bad to others because you never know what they are trying to do and some times you fall in some bad beats.
So for me you need to make a strategy but need to make a conscious strategy without crazy.
there are many players who play aggressively without strategies and end up harming reasonable regular players, it really is bad, when we are faced with this type of players, and the probability of being eliminated is great, because the variance is almost always in their favor and ends up helping them even with bad hands, so the solution is to wait for high pairs like QQ, KK, AA and go all in, when he tries to steal the pot

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
aggressive players get more money and reach the final tables If you are a passive player and wait for a strong hand all the time, you will lose always play aggressively this gives you more advantages

max entropy

max entropy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aggressive style can be there for various reasons.If many players are aggressive,then who gets the pot?
Controlling aggression is strategy.Being aggressive skillfully is experience.

zer0ne

zer0ne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
When i play some online tournaments i see many players playing aggresive but without a strategy.
But ths is bad to others because you never know what they are trying to do and some times you fall in some bad beats.
So for me you need to make a strategy but need to make a conscious strategy without crazy.
You’re right buddy, every player needs a strategy to play.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I've been playing poker for a long time and I can say that if a bad player plays aggressively against you, it's very good for you and you can wait for a good hand and take all his money or chips. The second thing is when aggressive regulars of a certain limit play against you, these people know how to play correctly and make very few mistakes, and I try not to play many hands with them. Against such players, you need to play tight and play with them for all chips only when you have two pairs or more.

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general you need a strategy, not only against aggressive players.

Grabobbe

Grabobbe

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DK
Chips
I definately sit back defensively against a player like that. And wait for the right moment to punish him. Someone else tends to do that before I get the chance most of the time though… 😊

robertboz

robertboz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
One thing I say, do not try to be aggressive against an aggressive player, you will usually be cheated, especially if it is in a freeroll.
The best thing is to play with strategy and hope in a strong hand, if you happen to get a pat, these are consequences of poker, but in the long run you will be a winner.
Yes on the contrary I answer him with agrisiveness

ScoobyNL

ScoobyNL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
I like agressive players, so easy to get them with your big hands.

They play way to loose and losing chips some times to tight players.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello brother.
For me it all depends on what you consider aggressive in a player.
For me the best thing is a combination of aggressiveness and passivity, that is, see when you should be aggressive and when you should enter a certain plateau.
I think you should refer to players who multiraise or shove very often. Well, for me that is not being aggressive, let's just say that it is being a player of what we call recreational.
As my brother Cesar Gritz says, the danger of facing them is the badbeats. But well the badbeat is part of the game, without you you have the best chances against them 4 out of 5 times you will surely win.
In a Freeroll against them you have to be cautious and call with your best hands.
In a rebuy MTT the question becomes a little more accessible.
My regards, brother:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
What do I think about an aggressive player in a tournament? I'd think that I was looking in a mirror. :)

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Aggression is part of poker and is almost 'always' an advantage.

Now, let's not confuse aggression with stupidity... a lot of aggressive plays are completely off the hook... so we really can't classify all aggression as positive.

It's enough to be funny, when I go back to studying poker... watching videos of good online poker players how much the game can be thought out and challenging...
But while we haven't reached that level, where the 'game is played', we should get used to 44bb all-ins with top pair... 16bb shoves with K4s... and the like...
=)