What do you think about an agressive player on tournaments?

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When i play some online tournaments i see many players playing aggresive but without a strategy.
But ths is bad to others because you never know what they are trying to do and some times you fall in some bad beats.
So for me you need to make a strategy but need to make a conscious strategy without crazy.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
One thing I say, don't try to be aggressive against an aggressive player, usually you will get screwed, especially if it's in a freeroll.
The best thing is to play with strategy and hope for a strong hand, if you happen to get a bed beat, these are consequences of poker, but in the long run you will be a winner.

pabbl

pabbl

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
For no reason I challenge him with calmness

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
When i play some online tournaments i see many players playing aggresive but without a strategy.
But ths is bad to others because you never know what they are trying to do and some times you fall in some bad beats.
So for me you need to make a strategy but need to make a conscious strategy without crazy.
Playing aggresively is the strategy ...

dajallina

dajallina

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
It's hard to talk about an aggressive style of play in the case of freerolls. Here you risk nothing so most play not so much aggressively as irresponsibly. Because you can play partially aggressively but at the same time strategically.

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that they will either make it to the final table or get busted.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think if they are putting you in a position that you don't know what they're going to do, they are playing well in my opinion. I know that are some crazy players and I really dislike those players that just go all in every hand, but for me be aggressive is the best style of play. Many times I think I just play too tight-passive.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a positive attitude towards them, in any case better than cowardly players, as in life

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think there is no unique way to play poker and the opponents are also very different and you have to be prepared to adapt your game. Whether people play aggressively or passively shouldn't be the difference if you've found your own strategy to react to it. On the other hand, people who always seem to go allin without any sense are very welcome to me because these people usually fly out of the tournament very quickly and that means that there is one less opponent.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wonder which one? I usually just catch such players on a good map and punish them. I always sit and think that now he will finish playing with me.

B

bluewingolive24

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
It’s okay to be aggressive with the right hand in the right position, but you can’t get too big of a head or you’ll eventually knock yourself out. Everything in Moderation. The more you switch up your plays, the harder you are to read. I love checking and raising, checking and raising and then you know you’ve confused the hell out of em. Lol

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
when I face a player who plays aggressive I select my hands better to play and also play more in position, and that variance is by my side

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think there is a strategy for every type of tournament. There is also a strategy for each stage of the tournament and another for each stack size. In freerolls with large fields I like to play aggressively at the beginning, as long as I have a minimally playable hand. If I win, I have a bigger stack and can put pressure on the table. If I lost it was at the beginning of the tournament and I didn't spend 3 hours playing to win 25 cents...

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is true, perhaps in those scenarios like in the bubble, or bounty tourneys, you can be a little crazy sometimes, it can be profitable specially when you have a good read on your table! however to play against donks is just wait for a prime hand:)

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play passive poker you really only have one chance to win the pot - having the best hand. If you are aggressive you can win the hand with a raise and you may not even have the best hand.

Aggression is also like asking the villans questions and their actions will provide you with information.

Being aggressive also helps you narrow the number of villans you will be fighting over the hand with, which will help your odds of winning the hand.

One of the best reasons to be aggressive is that with a good hand you want to build the size of the pot- so you win more.

So I think the cheerleaders had it right when they said, "Be Aggressive Be Be Aggressive Be Aggressive Be Be Aggressive B-E-A-GG-R-ESS-IVE Be Aggressive Be Be Aggressive Be Aggressive Be Be Aggressive B-E-A-GG-R-ESS-IVE!

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
agression helps narrow the field and also helps build the stack from fish money

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello.
I think it's better just to play with good cards against such players. Especially if the tournament is not quick.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You must be aggressive to be successful at the tables, with the example you set I feel comfortable with that type of aggressive player without strategy because sooner or later they lose control, of course many times one falls into their trap but I think that we It happens because we expand our range too much, we try to modify our game to theirs and that is our mistake, the best thing is always to play as we have planned and so many times we will take advantage of those players

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In freeroll especially playing very aggro at the firsts stages IS a strategy. If you win you double up your stack and can start playing your normal game, if you lose you have not wasted 3 hours of your time.
I don't play that way but I understand why some players do that.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some players even become numb with all-ins or raises every hand. I refuse to believe that they always have good cards to play like that.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
There are aggressive and passive players. If everyone at the table were the same, there would be no point in playing. Of course, those who are aggressive don't play every hand.
It is best to combine these two.

yetbam

yetbam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Of course that is true, but usually aggressive players tend to leave very early in tournaments, there will always be someone who will catch it with a better hand and it will be everything for that aggressive player.