What do you do when card dead late in a tournament?

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nembaj when one of two rounds left out. then we begin to aggressively raise or re-raise

DontAskWh

DontAskWh

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have a big stack , and the strong hands didn't come anymore try to join sometimes with creative hands , and of course depends of position , and try to play with them very carefully , and try to find the right situation to steal the bank.
Anyway if you're on a great tournament with nice prize pool ,and you have the monster stack, then i think is better to play only strong hands. Be patience the premium hands will come.
Thanks.

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ijuste Raise with bad cards and If I WIN a hand than I play serious like before...

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Play aggressive from late position , but don't get carried away .

PieterTerAar

PieterTerAar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont want to get a really tight image so i steal a bit more but i try to avoid big pots/blufs with mediocre hands

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I continue to wait. I will occasionally limp from a late position, and raise UTG, but very very rarely. Poker is not all skill, sometimes you can't beat the luck of the draw.

S

soneca 006

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Play with your image and observing the villains

you have big stack in a tournament and you are in very good position however for a long time you have hands garbage, the blinds are increasing, your opponents risking more chips and you continually lose chips by folding, what do to enter the final table which strategies are pursued in this case?

Always the big players falam_
The letters always will be the last thing Raser considered in the poker hierarchy.

M

money maker

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can 3bet/shove against loose player with big stack..probably you already built tight imagge at table by folding, so you just have to hope you didn't run into monster...but agressive 3bets, or just flat calling raises with bluff intention latter should be part off your game all the time!! I don't think people often make FT with just run off good cards!!

A

Ajax95777

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, if you are playing for a long time and you are only folding, the other players might think that you are a tight aggressive player. So you try to bluff occasionally and they would think that you have a strong hand for sure.

Jester36rus

Jester36rus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While having a big stack there is no need to be agressive. But then you need adequate moves to keep and rise. It depends on your table reputation. Really you have good chances when change your strategy. Bluff (depending on opps it may not have position influence, for example, you may raise from UTG with garbage, or make donkbets, but it needs to be done very carefully). Steal the blinds attempts also may be useful, and more safe then bluffing. As for me, I'd like to use various strategy with the main theme as tight player.

comaro

comaro

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everybody talking about one thhing - 3bet in position, isolate limpers, raise in position etc.) Just look at your opponents. If you have tight opponent, still his blind, if you have weak opponent, play with him when you have position and take his cheaps. And be careful with strong players) So you can save your big stake or increase it and get place in final table or top-3 or higher... ;)

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Again, a big part of the game is patience. I suggest that if you find yourself in this position that when you get a hand you play it strong and for all it is worth. This will allow a little more comfort in the "card dead" times.

A

Aces74

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try to find spots to steal.I will watch betting patterns/sizing.On some occasions when super card dead sit out and wait for AA KK Ak. Lately ran into some deepstacks hitting sets on flop.Adjusting your play to the players and stack sizes. gg gl

gmctti

gmctti

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just wait for the moment that i know will be good for me to join the game!

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Optimally-balanced players do`nt have such problems))) But if all this time you have 72, 83, J2 from UTG etc, so you must waiting for good hands! Q2+ hands can be played in different situations.

B

brrrddz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi man..Be patient! dont need to panic..if u have some opportunities, try to steal some small pots. enter to final table and u will have your spots for sure. your goal is to play as much better as u can with the things u can control. cold deck is "ungly" but it happens to everyone.

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
keep folding and wait for a good spot, if the sb and bb don't defend a lot try and take advantage and raise in position sometimes. if you have a good table image i believe you can get though a good amount of the time.

allinraw

allinraw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tournanemt play is tough

tournament play is tough specially when you go card dead most of the time and u made it to the final table short stacked

Serkish

Serkish

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll be the 50th person to say this but... Patience and position playing

P

paulsmall007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nobody knows that you have bad cards but you, your bet sizint is what makes the decisions hard for your opponents. Just wait to play hands in position and use thst to your advantage, they invented terms for being card dead, double barrel, triple barrel bluff

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I am drawing dead with a Big Stack, I will position play, attempt to read the players and aggressively bet when I see weakness or an opportunity.

R

rusty98

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you have big stack in a tournament and you are in very good position however for a long time you have hands garbage, the blinds are increasing, your opponents risking more chips and you continually lose chips by folding, what do to enter the final table which strategies are pursued in this case?
Normally I play a waiting game.But I always look to steel blind somehow with all my calculations that I do not get burst out.I look for passive player raising then I like to shove to make him fold or when I am in late position and every one has folded then I try to steel.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you can not win a tournament by playing the grand cartes.you must bluff whenever possible. personnellment I prefer to bluff when I have a good picture on the table. When other players see you play that big cards. They are forced to throw their hands.

P

pretty1984

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ms

I agree money maker i always shove and pray that the other person doesn't call poker prayer

You can 3bet/shove against loose player with big stack..probably you already built tight imagge at table by folding, so you just have to hope you didn't run into monster...but agressive 3bets, or just flat calling raises with bluff intention latter should be part off your game all the time!! I don't think people often make FT with just run off good cards!!

A

AhiRaviv

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Aggression over draws

Limp- raise, over shorter stacks, and try to get reads on players with draws..
then just shove with pairs.
or play check- shove post flop