• Total voters
S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Check, then call.
You have good cards, position, and chips, (everything but the 3), make them show the bluff.
Also, if they did have the 3, they would probably make a value bet.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
call for sure, the SB would not get into the hand with 3 or 7 and if he had AA he would increase pre-flop ... so if he has anything it could be AK, AQ or pair smaller than KK

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see number of replies here that make the point the shove doesn't make sense if the player had a set or even a full house with 77. My first thought about your scenario was that you raised 4 1/2 BBS and were called by 3 out of position players. Is that because this has been a "loose" table up to this point? Or perhaps they see you as a LAG and don't respect your raise. I think your sense of how the players have been playing up to this point is a big factor in making a decision to call.

Since I can only go on this one hand to analyze things I think I would assume SB is a LAG with a fair sized calling range. A hand like A7 or 78 suited is in that range and is what I would put him on. So, I would call here.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My answer is "snap call". I think the approximate SB range is 7% (88+, AQo + and ATs +). A high probability that the opponent has an overpair. But here it is necessary to know the style of play of the opponent.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Exactly, SB has enough BBs to make a moderate raise 60% of the flop, and to jam on the turn thereafter. Perhaps the turn is scary for him ... Snap call with KK, despite I could be behind vs any X3 hand :top:

You could be behind any X3 hand here.... but really how likely is that? (I mean villain would be needing to pray we have QQ+ and willing to gii & they're losing huge value vs. everything else).

'IF' villain had a 3... why would they lead out into a multi-way pot? (wouldn't a x/C or x/R (or CRAI) be more likely???).

Donk-shoving this flop is almost always a med pp, (88-99) fearing it gets checked around & feeling lost on the turn (by a weak/bad/ or new player)... or maybe A7s, A7o (maybe even a weaker 7).

I'm sure we can all agree, villain's line is bad. So this is our first tip on figuring out their range in this spot.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I am snapping for sure I expect to see a 3 almost never because if you had a 3... why would u jam like this instead of trying to extract value? It just wouldn’t make any sense

Exactly!!!! (but isn't it AMAZING to read so many responses in this very thread by regularly posting members who DON'T EVEN SEE or CONSIDER this???). << it reminds me that 'YES... if one has the time, playing micro MTTs willl always have a ton of value!

Sss888111

Sss888111

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This isn't a hand analysis. I'm just curious what other players would do in this situation and why.

Freeze out. 45 players left, 8 paid. You are currently 7/45.
$1 + $0.10 - Hold'em No Limit - 25/50 - 7 players

UTG: 5,420 (108 bb)
MP: 5,883 (118 bb)
MP+1: 4,690 (94 bb)
CO: 1,925 (39 bb)
BU (Hero): 5,930 (119 bb)
SB: 2,475 (50 bb)
BB: 9,227 (185 bb)

Pre-Flop: (75) Hero is BTN with K K
2 players fold, MP+1 calls 50, 1 fold, Hero raises to 225, SB calls 200, BB calls 175, MP+1 calls 175

Flop: (900) 3 7 3 (4 players)
SB bets 2,250 (all-in), 2 players fold, Hero ???

Quick Notes:
  • Flop is 18 BBs
  • SB jams 45 BBs
  • Hero has 114 BBs

easy call in this situation, at least I would have played!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would call here every time. There are way to many players out there that play scared poker and thew assume that you raise and had AK, AJ or something that missed the flop and they will shove here with pocket 8's or something like 97 that they would rather end the hand now and just win whats in the pot rather tan play post flop poker. On this flop there are just to many hands that may do this that we beat to fold as its more unlikely he has a 3 in his range,

L

LuisBoaC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have to agree with most people here - your opponent's range makes this an obvious call for me. If villain does have 33, 77 or 3-x (where x is most likely to be an A or possibly suited 2, 4 or K) he's far more likely to check on such a dry board, expecting to earn more money from you as you were the pre-flop aggressor. AA would probably have re-raised pre-flop to thin the field. I think it's far more likely your opponent is playing 88-QQ, AK or A7, all of which you are beating so I would call.