what do u think about rebuys/addons in frerolls/mircolimits?

Fepitaph

Fepitaph

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
as for me, rebuys and addons at medium (abi10) limits, because people can really earn on them exclusively with poker, and for them this rebuy can cost a lot, but if we are talking about micro-limits / freerolls, it’s easier for me, so that there were no rebuys at all, it is unlikely that anyone earns a lot playing at such limits, because in fact all the fish are just starting to learn poker, but without rebuys, the attitude to the game even in freerolls would be many times more serious, people would stop limping, putting all-in at the beginning of the tournament and do some other shit. or nothing would have changed and I just dream that I can play ADEQUATELY in freerolls

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
The rebuy/addon on micro limits is tempting for those who can go all-in with every hand. They sit in the evening after work and have a good time. That is why it is difficult to take a freeroll or micro limits game seriously because there are many maniacs. Of course, they are not the only ones playing, so you can still find good parties at these tournaments. Regardless I avoid these formats. MTT without rebuy/add-on, I support that.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I used to be very adverse to re-buying and adding on because it felt like I was playing 3 or 4 times above my buy-in limit. However I retrained myself to just think of it as another tournament, rather than thinking I have spent X dollars on this tournament.

Another thing I have started doing recently with great success so far is max late reg'ing and adding on. The add-on (at least in the tournies I play) is really important, because they are two starting stacks for the price of one buy-in. This means when I buy-in, I start with 30bb's which is plenty enough to play with and means I don't have to start the tournament for 2 1/2 hours after it started, keeping my mind fresh for the later stages.

Antonioadv

Antonioadv

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't particularly like it taking away the chances of those who don't have the money to bet, especially when the re-buys and add-ons are unlimited.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have a skill advantage vs the field rebuys and add-ons are very good options for you- It allows you to take that one bad beat and get back into the game with a rebuy- The add-on allows you to chip up at a crucial point in the game to assist you in making more deep runs- There was a freeroll satty I played in that had an Add-on- I would wait till the end of late reg- reg for free and take the add-on and I had a 70% cash rate in that game because of the size of the add-on and that others were not taking the add-on

:unsure::geek:

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
but if we are talking about micro-limits / freerolls, it’s easier for me, so that there were no rebuys at all,
If the tournament has the option to rebuy and perhaps also add-on, then its not a freeroll. It might be a socalled "freebuy", where the first entry is free, but a rebuy and possibly add-on will cost you money. And of course poker sites offer this format, because they hope to lure people into spending some money, even though they were planning to play for free. Poker sites are after all not charities, so this should not come as a surprice to anyone.
because in fact all the fish are just starting to learn poker, but without rebuys, the attitude to the game even in freerolls would be many times more serious, people would stop limping, putting all-in at the beginning of the tournament and do some other shit. or nothing would have changed and I just dream that I can play ADEQUATELY in freerolls
In poker as in other areas of life you need to focus on, what you control yourself, rather than wanting the entire world to be, as you want it to be. And you are never going to see people play very seriously is freerolls or freebuys. Or for that matter in penny games. Why should they? Its free to play, so of course a lot of people just want to splash around, have some fun and try to get lucky. This is perfectly fine and reasonable. If you want a serious game, then you need to spend some money and play for instance a $11 MTT. From around that level you will begin to see much less "crazy" play.

DanielNeg

DanielNeg

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NP
Chips
For me personally I don’t rebuy ever it might be because I don’t have that 11cents but I had that money I would definitely buy rebuys and addon just to get into the final it would be much more easier to get into next round

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I shop in the tournament, I get a good ticket if I win so I think it's a good investment

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
this is beneficial for those who have money, they can safely re-enter and so they can endlessly yes people who do not have money it's bad but it's still profitable if there are more such entrances then tickets the number of tickets increases profitably I think everyone I don't re-enter I buy chips only if I get to the far entrance

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I think it's a good thing to use the addon especially on freerolls if I get there.

f_lampa

f_lampa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
i never do that. if I lost, I lost

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
as for me, rebuys and addons at medium (abi10) limits, because people can really earn on them exclusively with poker, and for them this rebuy can cost a lot, but if we are talking about micro-limits / freerolls, it’s easier for me, so that there were no rebuys at all, it is unlikely that anyone earns a lot playing at such limits, because in fact all the fish are just starting to learn poker, but without rebuys, the attitude to the game even in freerolls would be many times more serious, people would stop limping, putting all-in at the beginning of the tournament and do some other shit. or nothing would have changed and I just dream that I can play ADEQUATELY in freerolls
I never used to to rebuys even in micro limits. But as it turns out I have no choice anymore because although I play good cards pre-flop there are those who wil go all in with crap cards and still beat me. After the flop is when it counts even then you still have to get pass the turn and the river. How many times can poket aces get cracked or A-K suited get beat by a 7-2 offsuit. These hands will not be played in higher limits so micros and freerolls are a very good way to learn strategies that will get you to the final table.