what do u choose? online vs live poker (mtt)

Fepitaph

Fepitaph

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
to be honest, for some reason I like online poker more, even without taking into account all the conveniences of the game (counting stacks, playing in a comfortable environment, etc.), I like what your skill decides here and the ability to play disciplinedly even without seeing an opponent. since I'm new, I've obviously never played real live poker, but so far I think that online poker is more to my liking

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'll choose online poker, I like it and there's no pressure like live poker.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've practically never played live poker, so it's hard to say.

But the fact is that if you're eliminated from the tournament playing live, you'll have to go home, while online, you just register for another one and keep playing. In online you will be able to open several tables simultaneously, you don't have to calculate the value of the pot, the stacks, I think it's much more dynamic.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
I love live poker. It is how the game was meant to be played. So I would always choose it.

But convenience of online poker is great as well.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I have not had the opportunity to play any live tournament, but I think it would be very difficult for me but I think it is more because of the habit of playing online, because you can hide your nerves and the comfort you have when playing in your own space, I will not deny that I would like to live the experience of playing a live tournament

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi
I also only play online and I've never played live either. But I think playing live is also very interesting and probably even more exciting than online.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to be honest, for some reason I like online poker more, even without taking into account all the conveniences of the game (counting stacks, playing in a comfortable environment, etc.), I like what your skill decides here and the ability to play disciplinedly even without seeing an opponent. since I'm new, I've obviously never played real live poker, but so far I think that online poker is more to my liking
Tournaments require volume- online is where you can find volume quickly—-We can use our edge if we have one to greatest effect online

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
To be honest online is more confortable but in my opinion live is better in terms of adrenaline and joy

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play live, it's more fun and it's safer. Strange things can be seen online, it helps certain players.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It isn't even close...I love live. ❤️ I love the feel of the cards and chips, the sound of the chips as I toss in a bet. and the pleasure I get when pulling in a big pot and then stacking it. :) Most of all though, I enjoy all of the nice people I've met since I played my first tournament at Foxwoods in October of 2018. I've made a number of friends along the way who have helped me along with the major change in my life that I began on that same day. They aren't just avatars on a screen, they are flesh and blood and as such can find enjoyment playing with each other even if the cards aren't cooperating. ❤️

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi for now, I prefer online poker, because is difficult in live control my behavior. When I improve my skills I try it.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online poker is preferred over live poker as we can multi table. Play at our convenience from our homes.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Online: it cannot be said that poker players do not experience vivid emotions. At the final table of a major tournament, emotions overflow, and bad beats are transferred sharply and hard. Offline: The gameplay takes place with more social interaction, you see the opponents and try to outsmart them. And what about the expression on the face of a player who threw off a strong hand to bluff! There is a special atmosphere here, and this is why live poker is so loved.

markdias

markdias

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like both, but I like live more with friends, online I like sit & go a lot

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I used the experience I gained from on-line Poker to start playing live games, Winning the occasional SnG games I found I could play reasonably well, and was good enough to make a few bluffs when I needed to. Live games came easier for me as I have always been a people watcher and can usually tell when someone is trying to pull the wool over my eyes (lying) and could benefit when they try to make a bluff.
I amazed some of my Friends when I call bets with just an Ace high knowing they were bluffing, and when they ask me how I knew? I just touch the end of my nose and say "now that would be telling".
I would never reveal a person's "Tell" as that would prepare them for the next hand we play, but people are creatures of habit and some things they cannot hide.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I didn't need Russ Hamilton to convince me to focus on live poker. And I still dislike all the software and aids the sites allow folks to use and its not good for the game.

You had folks sharing hands in that famous victor blom, brian hastening and townsend debacle and forget about how they cheated blom out of millions but regular online micro grinders can sit there today and find the quickest ways to answer a players style not on their own but by going thru the hand history.

They wouldn't take the time to record those hands if playing live. And it would take those folks A LOT longer to figure that info and form a plan of attack if they played live instead of online against someone. A lot longer and a lot more people would end up going bankrupt like what bloom was doing to folks all those years ago.

LIVE poker 100% but whatever, its been many a year since really caring and playing. Don't have the heart or dedication anymore.

Last edited:
Organize a Home Poker Game