What to do with pocket aces?

W

Wwislan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When holding pocket aces and someone 3 bets in front of you while you still have 2 or 3 or more players behind you what is the correct way to play aces?

M

mike1113

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the right answer is probably to sometimes flat and sometimes 4bet, depending on a lot of things. This decision depends on your table image, stack sizes, position, opponent tendencies, etc. Obviously you're never folding so it's just a question of how often you should be raising vs calling.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am going to say 4-bet. If the pot has been raised, or if you raised it, and it's been 3-bet, then you have a solid bite. There is no need to continue dangling the hook. Focus on setting the hook on one player at a time. When you go fishing, you try to catch them one at a time, not all at once. I know you want to try to win a massive pot. But when you start letting too many players into the pot, that's when someone ends up getting lucky and you end up getting your aces cracked.

L

lolshovaments

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The correct answer depends on many other details. If the other people are shoving all the time or 4-betting to often. If you are playing hyper, turbo, regular or slow tournament. Or if you are playing cash games. Is much more complex and this is why poker is not solved by any computer (yet). We still have many information to deal with to make the "right" choice. And assuming all this technology keeps coming, we never know if some solver or software will change the conservative ABC plays at some point.

kbuinowski

kbuinowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What to do with pocket aces

i have learn not to slow play Aces. to many times my Aces have lost to people that limped in. It's hard to play Aces in free rolls. since most people in free rolls don't know how to fold.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. Personally, I like to see the flop first. If three of another suit shows or 2 kings show, I saved myself some money!
Dan'O

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
All in, raise, re-raise, check raise, call, fold. All I can do with a pocket rockets.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on what position I'm in, chip stacks, players already in the hand, etc. etc.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All in is the only thing to do in this situation. You need to isolate villain, those two guys behind will fold and you are heads up with villain.

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it would be right to 4-bet to avoid a lot of players on the flop

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Tips for playing pocket aces: 1. Don't slow play. 2. Try not to get tightly attached to your arm. 3. The fewer opponents left in the hand postflop, the better. 4. Remember that pocket aces are not immortal.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In such cases, I either make a very big raise or an allin. To reduce the number of players who will enter the game. This will give me a better chance of winning.

Captain Harlock

Captain Harlock

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Given your scenario I would reraise. The opponent would likely then move all in. If they're a weak player they may call and then bluff at the flop. Either way, get paid.

A

ataraxyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's different from players to players. If the opponent is careless and the flop is not in your favor, just go all-in. You know their nickname is bullets. But if the opponent is prudent and the flop is in your favor, then just check and induce him to grow the pot.

vsawake01

vsawake01

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No any "correct way".
For freeroll you may call, and players behind will call too. All of them. Sometimes they will call all in too.
You may call, and short stacker villain behind will decides to push with 66 or TT.
and so one.

It should be like 50%/30%/20% - 4bet/call/push. Percentage depend on stack size.

AmidamaruRu

AmidamaruRu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as written above, you can 4bet, or you can just call, if the stack is no more than 20bb then you need to push

M

Majari_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd 4-bet since even though aces are about 80% favourite heads up, playing against multiple villains post flop decreases your equity by a large margin. AA vs 4 villains with random hands has less than 50% equity.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if this is a bankroll tournament, it is more likely the best way to increase the stack or ,,,, I am ready to put all the chips in the center of the table, but there are a lot of stages, prizes, etc.

R

redsfan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always 4 bet and go allin if it takes all my chips.Playing low stakes games i seem to get them cracked more times than not.People usually in small games will call with anyting.

G

Germanets

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me - you definitely need to increase bank - you have ~80% for wining on preflop so more chip\money in bank - more profit from your aces. But how you will increase bank and how you will try to win this bank without opening cards - it's seriously depends on what you play, other players play style and how close you to the money\pay jumping.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would go all in. going all in increases your chances of winning the pot. people in front of you only matter in the way you want them to fold, by 4 betting you allow them to gamble and might crack your aces. going all in might get you a caller or two in which you are ahead and is what you want instead of a 4 or more players including yourself seeing a flop. which increases the chances of your aces getting cracked or someone outplaying you out of the pot. worse everyone folds and you win whats on the table, better than loosing with them.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi. in most games I do all in pre flop, to reduce the chance of someone hitting the flop. because I already lost a lot seeing until the turn

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always play AA very aggressively never limp them.