What to do on the bubble with a good hand

6a6yJIbkO_o

6a6yJIbkO_o

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is easy fold. The most important to get in ITM, i fold all hands. Even having AA you always have no 100% on win.

Ekateriba Zapletnyuk

Ekateriba Zapletnyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually throw off any hands , because I think that you need to survive the bubble

Skatoosh

Skatoosh

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding aces is crazy talk!

I would play aces on the bubble. Even heads up all in pre

V

vassiriki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
calling or folding depends on many different situations. if you have chips upto 10-12 bbs then id say that you should call. of course this is if you want to play the final table. most people would also be satisfied just to be in the money and therefore play just to get into it

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
on bubble players try to be aggresive to steal some chips but in this case with your opponent having bigger stack than yours its fold for sure wait to get paid

EsnneyPk

EsnneyPk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What would you do when the tournament is in the bubble and has AK and a player with more chips than you Bursts allln

This decision depends on my position and that of villain, if we are at war blind would go all-in. If the player during the tournament played very tight would think, there are many scenarios that can occur, tell you that I would retire would lie and tell you that would pay equally serious lie. It all depends on the circumstances.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on different varying factors.

1) Your stack size compared to the stack size of the table?

2) Your bb compared to the bb of the table. If for Instance you have 100bbs at this stage, and the table has between 20-40bbs you can pretty much bully all of them, correct?

3) The players at the table, do they like to play back at you? Are they passive/scared/are they trying to creep Into the money?

4) How significant Is the money for you? If It's a decent b.r boost, than that could sway you from taking chances to build on your stack to have a deeper run. Yet If It's the opposite than the bubble should be your friend, correct?

5) How short Is the over all Short-Stack of the tourney? Assuming you're one of those players In the middle of the pact, and are neither ahead by a ton nor are you behind but the blinds will still hurt your stack.

chisel

chisel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone plays differently. I think even a good hand is not necessary to go all-in, but if you have monsters such as AA,KK,QQ you must not fold.

L

leon_fush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will throw this hand,too dangerous against the leader as it is possible to pop up without a prize,if it was Rei that was a stake to go into the flop in the hope of success.

H

Haanski

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
usually always have to fold here against a bigger stack

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
usually always have to fold here against a bigger stack

Any reason to the madness? How else can you double up without fighting/putting stacks ITM sooner rather than later?

partyboy392

partyboy392

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely 3-bet or if your opponent has already done it before, then re-raise or push all in. This is the only right choice, unless you are playing wsop tournament or Sunday Million of course :)

nestabear

nestabear

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's an easy one for me to. FOLD ! In the last two weeks I've been Bubbleboy 5 times. Every time I had very strong hands (AA QQ etc ), but alas... the poker Gods were just not going to let me have it. Every time it happened I was sooooo upset and one time even threw my mouse against the wall an smashed it to pieces LOL This is so not like me. I'm usually very calm & collected. Cost me to go & buy a new mouse. Then after a while I realized that I was charging the situation with loads of emotion and I keep attracting more of the same thing, hehehehe. So the next time it happened I acted like nothing happened. I actually forced myself to have huge feelings of pleasure & joy, like when you win a monster hand. After that It only happened 1 more time & I think it was the poker Gods testing me 1 more time LOL, So yeah Fold for me .

hzrd123

hzrd123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends of 2 things: r u a loser or a winner
if u r a winner u will push ur stack with premium hand like AK, QQ+ and finish 1st
if u r a loser u WILL WAIT BUBBLE and u will have 6th place with 2$ prize
goold luck
poker is a game of steel balls people
(except tilly)

Jim Brown

Jim Brown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding aces is crazy talk!

I would play aces on the bubble. Even heads up all in pre

Always?
Sattelite bubble. Next hand out gets $0, everybody else gets $100.

UTG shoves 120bb
UTG1 folds 10bb
MP1 folds 2bb
MP2 folds 5bb
CO folds 15bb
HJ folds 8bb
BTN folds 40bb
SB folds 20bb
BB hero holds AdAh with 80bb

UTG never looks -- Calling?
UTG shows 7d7h -- Calling?
UTG shows As7d -- Calling?
UTG shows AsAc -- Calling?
UTG shows JhTh -- Calling?

Which one are you calling?
If you have to call which hand to you give villain?
:deal:

any2 is 14.52% to win
7d7h is 18.65% to win
As7d is 5.65% to win
AsAc is 2.17% to win
JhTh is 20.39% to win

Every one is a huge loss with $99.99 equity in the game

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the time on the bubble unless I'm worried I won't make the cut, I fold everything including AA. I'm sure lots of people disagree, but I've seen AA cracked over and over on the bubble. Why not cash then you can play what ever you want. Nothing worse than being the bubble boy after a few hours of play with an "unbeatable" hand.

R

rupa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think i would fold.The best option for me

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I fold for sure. I don't see why risk it when you're so close to the prize.

M

max chong

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I probably would have gone all the bank!

Fratchen

Fratchen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course I would fold. To much risk. On the bubble i would only call all-in-moves with pocket pairs.

widron2s

widron2s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the bubble with a decent chip stack and you get AK then you fold it more than likely. If someone has a smaller stack and you call and you bust out you'll be kicking yourself for a long time.

L

leon_fush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will fold and not feel too bad about it,finish the game when the prize was only a little bit is not very desirable,the more unlikely it will go ALL-IN with a weak hand,but any pair will have a 55-45 preflop to AK,and this is a lottery in which you do not want to play after spending a few hours in a tournament and jump out without any money.

hzrd123

hzrd123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will fold and not feel too bad about it,finish the game when the prize was only a little bit is not very desirable,the more unlikely it will go ALL-IN with a weak hand,but any pair will have a 55-45 preflop to AK,and this is a lottery in which you do not want to play after spending a few hours in a tournament and jump out without any money.

a glass of whiskey to this gentleman at my expense:D

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands