What is the correct decision here?

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At 5/6 Blinds you've already lost your fold equity and 5 or 6 hands implies you are not paying antes or the small blind, also 5 or 6 bigs is bad enough cause a double up effectively leaves you in the same position so to blind down any lower would be worse than shoving any two cards.

You are right about too much action for that hand strength but after much consideration. The hand strength relative to my stack size, situation and min cash. The shove is more valuable than the fold.

Definitely a fold in a satelite or for a decent size min cash.

Why is blinding out worse then shoving any two?

From my point of view, you are playing for a couple of hours, and are extremely far from winning the tournament or reaching the FT. Pretty much the most you can make out of that tournament is waiting for the bubble to pass and cash in some $..
Think about the hands that you folded in 3 orbits prior to this hand? My guess is several Kx, maybe some low Ax, JT or something similar. So if you were able to fold all that when you had 12-15BB in order to survive, nothing really changed now that you are down to 7BB.

You already decided to not go for all of it, but survive until the min cash, and if a monster hand comes, good for you, if not, blinding out towards a min cash is fine as well.
That being said, in your particular situation, not only would I fold Q6s on the BB position, but A4o as well in any other position with similar action.

If you are in SB position for example, everyone folded to you, then I would most likely shove with any Qx +, but never call a shove.

In case this was a sit & go, where it often happens that stacks are of similar size overall, so everyone is in danger of bubbling out, I would still lean towards a fold with Q6s, but shove QJs and all Ax hands in a similar situation, considering prior opponent's action.

P

pecam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty late in the 5.5 deep stack and close to the bubble, ~5-10 away. Did not update.

Hand: Qh6h. Blinds: 900/1800. Stack: ~12700 (7bb). Position: BB. Number of players: 6 handed full ring table.

Action:
Loose cut off (29/17 over 84) opens to 4.6. Loose SB (32/19/14.3 over 60) makes it 13500.

What do you do? What is the reasoning behind your decision?
If your reasoning hasn't explained it, please advise what things you factored in to get to that decision, thank you
There is many actions and you won't make them fold because you haven"t many BB. You fold and wait for a better spot or/and batter hand

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First I would fold, because I have no luck at hitting long-shots. Second you should fold because you could be drawing dead against a big pair.

TheMuffier

TheMuffier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First I would fold, because I have no luck at hitting long-shots. Second you should fold because you could be drawing dead against a big pair.
Let's focus on the maths, the pros and cons for and against then we can worry about getting lucky.

Z

Zinniah

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold. Hand is marginal and I wont like playing it out of position after the flop. With 10 left I would be looking to cash first then win the whole thing.

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
For me fold too. In this stack and blinds for me Q6s is good but to open push from hijack.