Chips
The biggest anger I have is that most if I were to win. lol

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hence the word "FREE"ROLL. One has nothing to lose "FREE" with the possibility of gaining something.

They can be won. lots and lots and lots of patience is 1 of the keys to it.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the advice, but I always lose when I play this way against the villain. I know it's a correct play, "long run." I'd rather bet everything against players who have few chips.
That is definitely the safer route, but that's not how you're going to make deeper runs in MTTs. You need big stacks to make deep runs and be able to play at those higher blinds.

AA vs ATC is winning 80% of the time. Or 4/5 in long run.

Let's say you get in for 40 BB effective stack vs ATC.

1) 4/5 times, you're picking up an 80 BB pot.
2) 1/5, you bust out.

Let's say you have 30 BBs and only playing for 5 BB effective stacks.

1) 4/5 times, you pick up a 10 BB pot and increase your stack to 35 BBs.
2) 1/5, you lose the hand but still in for 25 BBs.

So, while playing safe does means you prolong your MTT life, having 80 BBs will do so much more for you than 35 BBs. That's the trade off, more risk but greater reward.

AlexGrinStar

AlexGrinStar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if for you this freeroll is not important you can play all-in)
some players simply do not want to waste their time playing here ... you either get a big stack right away and have the opportunity to make a deep pass or go all-in, lose, and forget about this tournament:)

E

emeraldsrus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
stay patient and the all inners will be gone in not too long, and back to poker.
if have a big pair then worth a try to double up or gone :) gl

W

WildHamster

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just call all-in with very strong card and fold otherwise. It almost always works out.

Andrei Lisovets

Andrei Lisovets

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quite often at the initial stage, players go to Olin, and if I have a weak hand, I fold, and when a strong hand appears I kick in and I double my bankroll.

T

TinskiM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wait for good hands such as AQ or higher, or 99 or higher than I go all in.

Gabinho12345

Gabinho12345

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They have nothing to lose, and it's no limit hold'em so they can go all in whenever they want. If you think it's a good strategy then you should do it to, if not then you should like to have this type of players at your table.

J

Jordenandrew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually fold. But most people like to gamble.

T

Tylor Mendez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would this be a bother?

You just fold and another hand comes.

Or you call with aces and ship big pot.

W

wacosteel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There can be some strategy involved here. Call with strong-kicker aces (@A-8+), kings (K-9+), and 88 or 99+. Most of the time you'll be ahead against one shover. You can take a strong early lead this way.

BnaD

BnaD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to play tournaments where people are playing more logical and theory based, you are going to have to put some money on the line. You are still going to run into "gamblers" at every table, but it is more enjoyable than the freerolls. If you want place in the freerolls you are going to have to tighten up your play. A LOT. The only way you will come out ahead of the people who are troubling you is to tighten up extremely on the hands you are playing.

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they are bingo players relying on luck. I wait it out till they are gone unless I have a monster hand. Then you can start playing poker, that is the reality of the freeroll.

Freeroll Passwords