What is the best strategy for LIVE FREEROLLS?

PokeramaBR

PokeramaBR

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing a live freeroll tournament yesterday, at the beginning I always try to follow the strategy of playing tight.
I entered free and doubled my chips, I had AQ suited to diamonds, I raised pre flop and my opponent called with AK, his K came and I only won because I made a flush on the river.
After I doubled up, I folded a lot of hands early on to stay alive, including QQ. In the middle of the tournament I called a raise from last position and I was on the button, I saw the flop came an A, there were 4 of us in that hand, I had a pair of J, and I certainly understood that through the pre flop actions someone had an Ace and could give me completely taken out of the game, I regret folding, in the end they were low pairs. I was short, waited, and went all in pre flop with 33, in a 1x1 hand, the opponent showed QQ.
I want to know how I can improve in tournaments, understand more positions and ranges, how to play in each situation and even improve for the cash game.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Most freerolls have a turbo or super turbo structure (small starting stacks, blinds that increase quickly). This will decrease the amount of time for playing the tournament, and increase the luck factor. Most of the game will be played preflop or on the flop. Pairs and AJ+ should be played strongly. You will have to get it in and be at risk a couple time to be successful - but this doesn't mean you should get it in bad, Play position strongly! Since the structure of freerolls is really quick, you need to know what to play your small hands and when to play your big hands. Don't play A-7 suited UTG. Do play it when you're in hi-jack or on the button. Make sure you are controlling the hand. If you're playing with loose players, don't play anything less than QJ suited UTG. If you're playing with really tight players, make sure you're taking advantage of that and raising a lot pre flop. With tight players, you can allow yourself to be a little looser but in free rolls, there aren't too many tight players.

Organize a Home Poker Game Freeroll Passwords