What are the best strategies to do well in freerolls?

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I agree with the colleague above, I believe that patience is the most important pillar in poker, patience with mental control, so as not to get carried away by the impulse to make plays out of emotion.

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that at first you need to play tight, and then look at the distribution of prize places and how many times you need to double in order to get into the prizes.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
If you intend to win a freeroll, then, due to the unusual opponents, your strategy should be as follows: tight, solid, aggressive poker.However, respect raises from early positions. Most often there is a really strong hand there. If no one has raised yet, and you are in early or middle position, then go all-in with any pair from nines and higher, as well as with ace-king, ace-queen and ace-jack.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
the strategy is very simple strong hand play weak throw away play tight aggressively the best players play like this play against weak players against strong players try not to play if you are a weak player better play all the chips you don't need to play flop turn and river because you will simply be outplayed

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think play with GTOand do not tilt when you lose some chips

T

To6Po6

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Just wait for the premium hands and play them and throw the rest!

M

Macaroon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Of course in a lot of freerolls you don't have the luxury of waiting for a long time for a premium hand as the blinds go up so quickly that you simply HAVE to play, sometimes in the first ten hands, or you will be blinded away. So my strategy, when I'm desperate, is to avoid calling all-ins with a low ace. Better to have suited connectors, as so many players will be going all-in with an ace. And if there are two or three all-ins before you they probably all have an ace or a King, so your chance of getting a pair is very low. You have to accept that there's a lot of luck in this sort of freeroll - I'm thinking of the daily 888 8pm Winner Spinner freeroll.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What are some tips for playing freerolls?
I have one very good and effective advice. Just don't play with junk. Thanks to this, you will significantly increase your chances of a good result :)

B

bowserdon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Play good starting hands,know when u can bluff;hope u r lucky

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Aggressive start and careful game at the end.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
tight - aggressive, but you shouldn’t get hung up on freerolls; in most cases, playing them is a lottery

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Basic ABC strategy is the best for most freerolls.

You do not need to worry much about GTO, most of the players are very exploitable and you should be exploiting opponents before you worry about unexploitable plays.

You can adjust your bet sizing more in freerolls because most of the players are not paying attention to your sizing.

xico_moita

xico_moita

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Be patient and play well with the game's strong hands.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
easy :)..take the strategy step by step ...first play to get in the money :) / get to the prizes :)...and then just play your original game of poker , if is going to be it will be ...you never know , that why I like poker very much :)

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Try to recognize the deficiencies they are visible very different from big series like WCOOP / SCOOP / WPT / Sunday Million / Sunday Storm

sabir

sabir

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the early stages and especially during the first hour of a freeroll tournament, a large number of players will take risks and go all-in recklessly. Quite simply because they do not play with their personal money they therefore have no reserve strategy, they are totally indecipherable players...
On the other hand, you will have to be patient and only play strong hands like pair of aces, or two kings, ace king and choose your spots carefully. The key word is patience, crazy players will eliminate themselves.

Second step, already many players will have left the tournament, you will be able to start playing weaker hands with small pairs. Keep an eye on each player's chip stack. Players with a weak stack will start to despair. You can bluff players with few chips and play cautiously with richer players; this will be a profitable strategy.

Third stage you are now in the middle of the tournament and half of the players have already been eliminated, your objective is now to collect as many chips as possible while limiting the risks before the blinds increase. You can take more risks but don't play with weak hands at the start. The objective is to reach the “square” of players who will be paid. But be careful of players with few chips, you have to face them with good cards because they are just waiting for an opportunity to go all in.

The strategy for the final stages of a freeroll:
There remains the final phases where the strategy will be the same as in any classic tournament, and there your experience and your talent will speak.

In summary we can say that in a freeroll tournament you have to let the storm of the first 10 to 15 hands pass and be content to limit the damage, because even with a good game at the start you risk quickly coming up against many players who are there above all to have fun and will go all-in at every turn.

pep12343

pep12343

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think the best advice if I have to choose just one is to play with determination and confidence in your strategy, you have to know when to abandon a hand, but also know how to dare to equalize with a not so good hand.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
tip play with patience and don´t try bluff stations.

Ogma

Ogma

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
Mix it up a bit but yeah, patience is huge.

Observe the table and listen to your gut.

M

Magallaneroy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
Have fun. They are Free tournaments, yes. to play premium hands

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like some of the points hit on in many of the above posts. In freerolls you shouldnt get into fancy play or anything like that since it wont be necessary. There should be plenty of opportunities (in large field freerolls anyway) where you get dealt/flop a big hand and just go bet bet bet for value and will get paid off much more often than you think. Just play somewhat tight pre flop and when you get the cards to go your way your bet for value and forget about trapping. Later on in the tournament when you get down in chips and blinds rise you can play it more like a normal buy in tournament where you are looking to rejam over openers when you are dealt a strong hand and have 20 BBs (give or take) or less. Then when you hit 15 BBs or less you simply play push fold.

S

stank12345

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should go all in early with a good hand to try and win some chips then use those to get to the money

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
in freerolls you won't find a single tip that will improve your game, it all depends mostly on your luck

Freeroll Passwords