**Weekly Discussion Topics Thread - Tournaments and SNGs**

T

TopDonk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My suggestions are all based on large field <$50 MTTs, as thats what i would play and the topics I think would make discussion are:

1. 3bet sizing/timing

2. C betting Vs delayed Cbet

3. Restealing

4. preflop raise sizes pre and post antes

5. Satty strat

6. Meta game and table dynamics discussion

7. Discussion on right mentality and mindset of MTT regular (for players wanting to start playing MTTs)

8. Survival Vs Accumilation early in MTTs

9. As mentioned ICM

10. BRM regarding field size (for 6,9,18,45 and 180 man and for MTTs with like 360+ runners)

thats all I got right now...great idea thogh guys.

TD

Also varience to. On a few forums I visit i am seeing to many shal I fold... here or posting threads about cooler hands and thinking they should be folding. Bad beats are not the be all and end all of varience, shoving into or calling off against the top of villains range counts to...anyway i can save this for the discussion.

T

tcummo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hand ranging

i would like a discussion on putting people on a hand
i have difficulty with this as they never seem to have what i think they have
(lol)

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is going to have to be done monthly/ bi-monthly, just not getting enough interest.

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Monthly plus making the actual chat threads sticky imo. I always struggle to find these threads in amongst the others whereas if they were at the top of each page they would be the first thread i checked out each time I came into the forum... It is a great idea.

I think the best idea would be to have a subsection of the strategy forum with monthly threads. One general SNG (take the monthly SNG thread from the Learning poker forum), one general cash, one specific tournament topic and one specific cash game topic...

8Michael3

8Michael3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Top Donk has a very nice list...

I would like to include two more topics on MTT's in that list:

1) Final two table play

2) Final table play.

I know these are topics covered in various places--I know EgonTowst did a nice final table thread. But we can expand on some or all of the ideas relating to the most important point of MTT play-because thats where the money is.

Great idea. looking forward to this. Especially bringing up points in books as well to discuss certain hands.

Yes, very keen on this.

8Michael3

8Michael3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to add a suggestion to this thread... whenever it gets going.

Can we add a link to a thread in the video section for final two table and final table play for MTTs... MTTs where there is pressure-no freerollzzzzzzz.

cool

M

menace

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i disagree

yea the aa thing should be left out it is too basic but after reading the AA thread people really have no clue about the topic yea i agree the one liner NEVER FOLD AA PREFLOP
pretty much sums it up lol.

wrong heres a situation your in a 9 handed sit an go short stacked on the button there are four players left an the third place pays 120$ the big stack at the table places a bet that will pull any one all in. an another person gos all in with him. would you call with aa or would you dump it an see if the big stack wins with no risk. i say dump it calling here could cost you 120$.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Welcome to CC, menace!

If the $120 is more significant to us than winning the STT, then yes, dump it.

That probably means we're playing over our bankroll, though, or that we satty'd in, if we're short stacked we're not going to get a better chance to triple up and play for first.

This topic has been debated to death recently (hence the comments about the one liner), if you're interested you might want to use the Search function.

thunder1276

thunder1276

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing on the bubble in Sit n' Gos's

F

FORZA MIKE

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok i have a question for some of you right now im playing free rolls cuz i dont have the money to put online but sometimes i really do really good and then a hand will just throw me to tilt and can someone give me some pointers on how not to go tilt

thanks