watching stats in MTT

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I found watching the stats during a tournament was controlling too much of my play. I turned it off and only concentrate on the table I am playing. This has helped my game a lot, but I do check my standing about every 30 min or more.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I completely agree that it is better to get rid of everything that can distract. This mostly leads to negative results.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you mean your position in the tournament, then this is for sure not something, we want to focus to much attention on. Most of the time a tournament should be played on a hand for hand basis without getting distracted by "the big picture" of, whats going on at other tables. Its only, when we get near the bubble, that we need to take into consideration the value of outlasting a few more players. And then of course on the final table, but at that time its kind of obvious, because we can see all our opponents and their stack sizes right in front of us.

Poma Lekain

Poma Lekain

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems to me that it is important to follow the statistics on the pre-bubble and in the prize zone.

DanS87

DanS87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I found myself watching stats (position mainly) whilst playing the tournament last night.

To be fair, it did mean I changed the way I was playing as we got closer to being ITM.

Not entirely sure though whether it was a good thing or not? I started playing less aggressively until after the bubble passed to try and keep myself in a good position.

Would be interesting to hear more peoples thoughts on this and whether its a good thing or not as I couldn’t say myself.

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I keep the stats up, to keep track of the bubble and payout jumps after the bubble. I have just got use to it being there instead of the chat. Chat can be distracting. Next I have to get use to a HUD and learn how to use it.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think the information should be distracting you, if it is maybe try color coding players. Its not like you have to look at a players turn check raise frequency every hand. Some stats take a long time to become meaningful so its not important to check fold to 3b stats on a player you have under 100 hands on.

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
If by stats you mean diving too deep into hand history and that kind of information, then yes sometimes it can be a little much and cloud up your ability to focus and play what you're seeing and reading. Other stats like position, pay jumps, number of players to being ITM, and other crucial info to play smart in MTTs is important to keep in mind.