Is waiting for monster a good choice when you are chip leader?

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Keep the pressure on when you are chip leader or when you are 3 handed, heads up

Dokins

Dokins

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you a CL just continue playing the way that got you there

vse i sra3y

vse i sra3y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the table does not have hyperactive players, then I put pressure on the chip leader stack.

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, it is way much better to put a pressure on your opponents and use your stack for doing it, waiting for a monster is one of the ways to loose your chip leading.

D

dayo777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If tournaments is turbo then wait for good cards and go all in preflop or
I steal blinds and take small pots

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont know if this is right but it works for me.... i usually do that in freeroll. LAG at start to build my chips and then when im chip leader or top 10:D, ill be a nit until i get a monster:).. pretty much works in freeroll.

waiting for a monster in 5$ up buyin wont be any good imo.

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play as normal you always plays and add presure to gain chips. You have many opportunities to see the flop when you have chips and you can get a lot cards and projects, but becarfull because many player are waithing for a monster hand against you.

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As in title. Do you think wait for monster cards is good choice when you are chip leader? Or maybe better way is making pressure on your opponents? What You think about that?:cool:

Being a leader in chips makes you bet more often when you are not. Being prudent is what I recommend, since all of you are your enemies

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As in title. Do you think wait for monster cards is good choice when you are chip leader? Or maybe better way is making pressure on your opponents? What You think about that?:cool:

Play as normal if you chip leader, the good thing is you can bluff a little more but try not bluff too much. If you play against someone with a lot less chips than you, they more likely to fold if you put pressure on them. What you shouldn't do is play each and every hand now that you chip leader.

R

ryyyga

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like starting to 3-bet with suited connectors and play more one or 2 gappers when I'm chip leader so it's harder to get a read on me. Also if you have a low VPIP then when you suddenly come in and open 3x+ you're only getting called by monsters. So I think it's good to relax a bit, I mean don't be stupid, but play some more suited connectors, and see some more flops.

M

myuk1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Typically, as in most things, when you have the lead you want to minimize the amount of risks you take. You have the luxury of waiting for a good hand. There is also the flip side however, in tournaments for example, as the big stack, its easier to bully people out of hands that they are winning because if they lose, they will be out of the tournament. This is a great way to keep increasing your chips. Especially in tournaments, if you are not constantly increasing your chip count (unless final table or something) then you are technically losing.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I think as chip leader, it's a good idea to apply pressure, How you do that depends on many things, how comfortable are you postflop?? How many people are left (table or tourney). How is your table playing in general?? How big of a lead do you have? The most important thing (for me) is do not let it get personal. Being able to raise fold pre-flop. ....and there is many other things, ICM, ?? I am learning new things every time I run deep, I am finding respect for the tourney players that have all this "shit" up in their head. (LoL)

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends if you are playing to win, or to just make it into the money. Also, it depends what is your stack to blind ratio, and the ante structure. Plus, very important, how your opponents are playing. Too many variables for a cookie cutter answer.

A

atila1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
agresion and bit wideer range. someone have to take out small stakes

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Trying to exert pressure .
featured46.jpg