Ingryd

Ingryd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In some tournaments there are those villains who always go all in. What to do when you have one like this on the table? I get very angry because they are always very lucky. Did anyone win a tournament using this strategy?

M

Max Defensor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually these type of idiots are the ones who double my stack.

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I only get angry if I call with the goodies and they woke up with AK/QQ+.

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the best option is to wait for a very strong hand and call them

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Work on your holdem starting hands knowledge and the idea of folding gets easier.

They can never ever win anything playing like that unless its something like a 30min all or fold tourn and they get lucky

Nobody can win like that with any consistency against a table of bad players that will call you down with ace hi or some other stupid hand.

Thats a major sign you're playing class A beginners that have no clue about starting hands.

The other option would be to learn a limit game like stud or stud8 if you're stuck playing just awful players.

The first game I started to study was stud many years ago and I still prefer playing any other game than holdem today.

Especially ones that go all in with a crazy amount of blinds like that or someone that mimics a more advanced player that can play flops and post streets on a expert/professional level when they do those silly min raises that do absolutely nothing in tourns.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Those players who always go all-in are called fish because they think that poker is roulette and that luck is 50/50 completely wrong.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In some tournaments there are those villains who always go all in. What to do when you have one like this on the table? I get very angry because they are always very lucky. Did anyone win a tournament using this strategy?
This usually happens in freerolls and lower limits, but keep in mind that this type of player in the long term will not be a winner, a player who depends exclusively on luck to win will be a beginner forever.😉

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
What I do is hope that they are still around when I get a strong hand. :)

And as others have said I see this mostly online, and only very very very seldom playing live.

jproy444

jproy444

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I used to get angry. Now, I'm waiting for a big hand to stack them. It's rare to see this type of player in big money tournament.

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
wait for the older pair and call, as a rule he will win with a weak ace or complete rubbish, where you are likely to be older

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Count your blessings that in 2024, there are still maniacs like this at your tables. Play a tight aggressive range and stack the whale when he jams his 100 bigs with J3o, then proceed to laugh and you happily stack their chips into yours.

If you're lucky they will rebuy and be placed right back on your table.

Ps don't tilt if they get lucky and stack you. It's gonna happen so just smile and click rebuy.

Tadi

Tadi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Such players are often very lucky which annoys me as much as you.

Tech101205

Tech101205

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If going all in every hand and winning is considered strategy then every single player will do so
It's very useless

They ride on luck factor for short amount of time and then they will eventually lose

Against those players I basically am not afraid to call with any decent enough hand for double up occasionally

But in the long run we still gotta wait for good hand and shove it in their faces

M

Misanthrop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
EI do, but yesterday I lost with AQs for 23, I freaked out on the flop: 4JA75 😮‍💨
How often do you really face people that go all in every hand, honestly? Usually after a couple of hands they are gone. And it's always possible if you go all in pre-flop that you lose the hand. There is no 100% win probability preflop ;)

Making good decissions will make you profitable on the long run. :) Keep it up :)

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think first of all you have to be able to differentiate those ones that truly are always all in, every hand, versus those that play push fold. Some that are playing push fold are doing it with 20+ BB but they're still doing it with good cards.

The maniacs that are just all in all the time will get busted by premium hands that will eventually call them, or they might double up and then start playing more sensibly.

Just be patient and play how you would usually play. If you do not feel comfortable calling with your hand, don't do it. That includes your weaker premium hands like your suited and unsuited connectors. If you don't need to call, don't do it. Everything else will sort itself out.

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello! As I read through, I noticed a few comments that I liked - it's really important to learn to distinguish the villain who goes all-in with any junk and ruins the game, from the player who is playing push-fold. I now react less painfully to such moves pre-flop, whether it's a satellite or a tournament; if I have a decent hand and position in my view, I'll respond, otherwise - I'll fold without regret and continue playing. I'll be more disappointed if I respond and lose. I find it easier to handle this way, and I'll be less prone to tilt. They say that as the stakes increase, there are fewer such villains, but they still exist.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If they are going all in all the time, sooner or later they will share their chips to the other players! But when you are playing a fast tournament a turbo or a hyper turbo, then you must be able to go all in many times, because the speed of the game needs it!

B

bowserdon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Happens a lot in freerolls,sad poker is going this way.Its turned into a waiting game AA KK QQ etc no strategy .Its frustrating to get A s & K s cracked so people go all in

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It is normal to get upset with this type of players, you just have to calm down, you should not fall into that type of games, at some point they calm down a little or they change the table, many times it is about waiting for the right moment, these types of players They don't always win so the key is to be very patient.

Babale007

Babale007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
AL
Chips
Crying will be the best thing you can do. I will enjoy taking your chips. Lol

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I ran into one of these players yesterday in a Knockout tourney and he ran 6 straight all ins with mostly junk and he won them all, then I caught AK suited called his all in and he knocked me out with his J9. I guess he was just destined to win, no matter what cards