Very agressive players - strategy ?

78mariusz

78mariusz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you have any strategy for playing against very aggressive players?

pansipos

pansipos

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
There are many aggressive players. It's hard with them. If possible, I'll wait until they transfer me to another table...unfortunately

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
after you start playing aggressively too, they calm down after 5 minutes, I often play spin and go and there are these aggressors every second

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
against aggressive players, the tactic is simple just wait for them to make a mistake, you collect a strong hand and just wait for him to do everything himself and pay you chips

valduer

valduer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
against aggressive players, the tactic is simple just wait for them to make a mistake, you collect a strong hand and just wait for him to do everything himself and pay you chips
this seems to be the most profitable approach, wait for a strong hand and let them dig their own grave

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
You have to wait for them and try to get the most chips in the right hand.

nachopaulo19

nachopaulo19

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Players who play very aggressively are very unpredictable, one hour they can have good cards in their hands and the next they are just bluffing. I try to be patient and wait for strong cards to counterattack them.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Verry agressive players are the best chip sponsors.

millar108

millar108

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Try trap them if you get a good hand. Or if you’re confident you’ve got the better hand, let them bet into you. Actually, always let them bet into you. Once the river comes, re raise if you have the nuts

H

HeiligerKevin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wait for a good hand and then bust them.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
After 3-4 hands of waiting I go all in to double up, all or nothing with him

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I tend to try to avoid them.
I wait for a really strong hand and try to make a nice trap.

valduer

valduer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I've seen some pro input on it on YouTube. His advice was to rather play tighter against very aggressive players, because the bottom end of your range is to make SB and BB fold, which obviously doesn't work here.
Instead, you try to maximize your payout on your stronger hands because they tend to stay in a hand longer than they should according to GPO and in the best case go all in vs you holding the nuts 😉

T

tiptools

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Just waiting for the right moment and then ☢️ :)

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Sooner or later the very aggressive player, or he will make a big stack, or he will lose it and others will earn it. So a more wise game is better.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Do you have any strategy for playing against very aggressive players?
Yes, I have my strategy for playing against such opponents. My strategy is simple and is to just wait for strong cards. It always works. Aggression can be easily tamed by patience :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all its important to understand, what aggression in poker actually is. Some people think, its playing to many hands, but this in itself is loose but not aggressive. Aggression is measured as the relation between bets and raises divided by calls. So an aggressive player per definition is someone, who is more likely to bet or raise, than they are to call.

This mean, that they so actually sometimes fold. So if for instance they are 3-betting some medium strong hands preflop, that a more passive player would just call, they you should obviously fold less to their 3-bets. But you should also strongly consider to 4-bet them more to not always allow them to take the initiative away from you. This can also reduce the amount of future 3-bets, because they most likely dont want to be facing 4-bets, if their 3-betting range is full of junk. Same idea if they are C-betting the flop to much. Then you should fold less, but you should also raise more often.

But in generel the way to combat very aggressive players is to do more bluff catching against them and basically "let them hang themselfes", as the old saying goes. So where you might make a big fold on the river with for instance top pair against a tight and passive player, who have bet all streets, you should be more inclined to stick your foot down against a loose and aggressive player, because they are far more likely to be bluffing you.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Experienced poker players often choose an aggressive style of play. They act boldly and unpredictably, make opponents fold, successfully bluff and often break the pot. Playing against aggressive players is very difficult. Every poker player needs to be able to play against aggressive players. Having met with such an opponent, proceed as follows: if you have a weak hand - fold, otherwise you risk losing your bet, an average hand - answer a raise with a raise, according to the opponent's reaction, you will understand whether he is bluffing or has a strong hand. If the opponent calls, it is better to refuse further struggle and a strong hand - answer the opponent's raise with a call, so you will mislead him and force him to raise the bet.

L

LemonadeJooe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
SK
Chips
A good strategy against very aggressive players is to loosen up your range IP and tighten up OOP.
Play small pair that can make hidden set,
also suited connectors are good against agg. opp.
Dont respect their bets as much.
And if you flop a set and they have top pair,
expect to win their entire stack.
And as others mentioned, let them hang themselves.
But be careful,slow play can make you suck out on river.
So slow play only with almost nuts.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Wait for a good hand , use check raise in the right opportunity . I might call lighter and in a more loose way against a player that I know he is very aggressive (towards me or Generally)