As an example, I will mention The pokerstars School League
Excellent competition where a lot can be learned

LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
. So, what do you think about freeroll games, guys?

I think the good format of the freerol tournament affects the quality
As an example, I will mention The PokerStars School League
Excellent competition where a lot can be learned

Yes and No. You will still see a lot of of maniacs even at "high school" level just shoving everything preflop. On the bright side, if you play solid ABC-poker you cant loose longterm against those players.

As in every other MTT the variance aka luck increases with the number of players you will need to make 1st place. So it will be easier for you to make 1st place on a regular base in a 180 player tournament compared to the elementary level of PS pokerschool were you need to play against 10k people. There will be just a lot more flips you will need to win.

As Madman stated above, you have nothing to loose on the other hand. If you want to to build up a bankroll from scratch this can take a while but why not investing a bit of money aswell? Lets say you really want to get in to MTTs (i would recomend cashgame for beginners, but thats a differnt story), on the biger sites like PS you dont need much of a bankroll. There is regular MTTs with a buyin of 0.25$ were you play against 45/90 players were you wont need as much luck. Investing 25$ you would have a bankroll of 100 buyins wich should be plenty. The key is to have a solid bankrollmanagement. You could even go with 2$ playing those 0.02$ 990 player hypers.

Now freerolls will add a nice source of extra income, but there is simply not as many of them to build a bankroll in a short amount of time. If you want to spend a year grinding freerolls on all platforms then yeah, its quite reliable to do that, but why not investing a bit of money to learn?

EllinLucky

EllinLucky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like play freerolls. Players pay nothing for participate, but they can win some money
because there are a lot of newcomers here. and enjoy the game

G

glennelson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are fantastic. Not only do you gain experience, but you can absolutely turn them into $. Imagine cashing for like $2 in a freeroll. You can think of it as winning a satellite into a small buyin MTT tourney (0.55.. 1.10 w/e). You can roll it over into something that's potentially much more worth your time, and if you don't cash, you're still up. IMO, freerolls are invaluable for a small BR.

I

Ivaldo de Araujo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For casual players seeking for a rewarding without risk experience, it's absolutely fantastic. Just keep tight and wait for real game on late game. The only problem is that you will spend a lot of time of your day on it.

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls should be called "shove or fold" it will teach one to be tight and watch betting patterns. It means nothing to lose freerolls so any 2 will do.
CC freerolls are better but you still have maniacs in them so it will be challenging at times. I am glad that they offer another platform and less fish. Unfortunately my game suffers from the other freerolls.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
any 2 will do.
I'm not a fan of freerolls. The CC FRC ones are okay (although I'm still not that enamored by them). I think that you are going to get better practice by playing the higher stakes play money tourneys than you will get from most freerolls.

Boltun

Boltun

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls in my opinion a great way to practice and even earn a small starting bankroll in order to continue playing tournaments for money

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Frankly speaking, I found for myself that CC Freerolls are more worthwhile, useful and critical while learning and playing the poker at same time. As I already mentioned in one of the previous that enclosed freerols such as arranged by Cardschat are being more efficient and productive for the players than others. While playing these freerolls and knowing the people (clubmates) you will try to get to the top consequently it will enforce you at least to show a good game in the freeroll. IMHO the rest of freerolls, organized by social medial sources including poker rooms, it is a waste of time especially when you feel a lack of time for poker. For instance, winning in the one of CC Freeroll is honorable as well as prize received because then you will not get lost inside the СС community and you will be identifiable for them at least. To be in the foreground with good performance almong others after you brought a good results in freerolls it is a hope that you are on the right way. My sympathies are with private freerolls tournaments.

iannis2009

iannis2009

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello.is a opportunity to make a bankroll to have for play with buy-in...is a good idea for the player's... y liked

P

PokerTraveler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
value for freerolls deppends on player's bankroll i thinkif he has little money this player will be playing hard

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There are unexpected freerolls unpredictable. Players do not pay the entrance fee, so they have nothing to risk, so the game will bear. The tournament buy-in from the fact there are more strategy and considered steps.

natasha555

natasha555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play freerolls. Players do not pay for participation, but they can win money, and get the game experience.

L

leon_fush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls I consider a good springboard for beginners to learn the first steps in poker without risking their bankroll and learn patience and in general a pretty good way to practice, the main thing is not to play like a maniac everything ... such people are not necessary to us)) ))

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always intend to develop my best game, whenever I participate in freeroll's Cardschat, I always want to get the best plays, make as few mistakes as possible.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are starting in poker, the freerolls are good starst, maybe at the beginning the players go all in with any hand, but if you manage to that stage, and you get far, the level improves.
The good thing about freerolls is that you do not have to invest money, I've always played freerolls and won a few dollars.

D

domdiego

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I spent more than $ 2,000 over 2 years depositing, and winning and losing, after I stopped depositing and found myself in freerolls, my poker improved, I was able to build a bankroll and invest in other modalities like sit n go, spin n go, all through freerolls not to mention that my ability increased in tournaments

J

jrx1908

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I spent more than $ 2,000 over 2 years depositing, and winning and losing, after I stopped depositing and found myself in freerolls, my poker improved, I was able to build a bankroll and invest in other modalities like sit n go, spin n go, all through freerolls not to mention that my ability increased in tournaments

It was probably not due to the freerols, his ability has improved. Certainly the bankroll management factor and the desire to study the game.

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find CC freerolls a good game compaired to almost all other freerolls that I've tried . I play a little conservative in the beginning but normal stragedy after that . I think it is a good game for learning .

DSUMMER10

DSUMMER10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the free tournament, there are players who are there just to play as if they were in bingo. The technique will be evident only in the final stretch of the tournament, where players who are already in the tournament for more than 4, 5 hours will not want to fall out or make a loose move.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think at the beginning of freeroll tournaments, it's luck. It's more skill after the pre flop all in people fall away. The game becomes skill after the money bubble I think.

K

klada152

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some freerolls you can play like normal tournoments (cc freeroll...) rest of them you should play automatically just looking at your cards not studying the oponents till you get deep then you could use your brain

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's simple then,if you think there is no value in playing freerolls then simply don't play. But anyone and yes I mean anyone that has played any live tourney can atone to this. And that is in the early stages of the tourney you have many all-inners. This may be for a few reasons 1) They have large bankrolls and can simply afford to play like this (bingo method). 2) This is the way that they play online and carry this way to the real live tables. 3) They simply suck at poker and are hoping to just get lucky. 4) They have played a lot of freerolls and (like yourself) have not taken on the reason for playing freerolls, and that is to keep practicing and learning to play against all idiots. So do freerolls have a value. Simply put Yes

IcyNicy

IcyNicy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you. But so far I wasn't lucky to win at least one of such tournaments. I am really looking forward to it. I haven't played the CC tourneys yet. But I suppose the audience at these tournaments are not so brainless as it is in freerolls of PockerStars with 10 thousand of people

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls can be frustrating because half the field will go allin with any 2 cards making the game almost completely luck based.

Freeroll Passwords