Using the TIME or just play fast always?

Using the time or just play fast?

• Play fast brow! slow players are noobs

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Use all time is possible to favored me

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • balanced (explain)

Votes: 20 51.3%

• Total voters
Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Balanced.

lol @ this, I hope they keep thinking slow players are noobs. :rofl:

79b6376bedd131034bb0b5ed1f3def93.png

:top:

D

daurensdo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I am using time, time bank is not enough for me

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mostly try to not make fast actions. I only check fast on flop when I call preflop oop, because I don't have a donking range in single raised pots. Generally it's better to think few seconds more than make the mistakes which cost you a lot of money in a long run.

Anyway I can give you a small tip:

when you play a little slower you have actually a bigger fold equity vs weaker players : P so you can bluff more. Recreational players think that if you take some time then you have a good hand : P of course it's not a golden rule, but it's always nice to have an eye on it.

I

irishka_nurlan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play fast, and it takes me less than 5 seconds to make a decision. I try to stall for time only in a difficult situation...

veloprofz

veloprofz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play by situation, there are situations where I need to play slowly and faster

R

Royal9012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes is good use the time when the "itm" is comming... hehehe
but everybody hates the slow player who consume all time avaible...
Its only 2 cards brow! pls! hahaha
If you using the time at every hand you deserve it all the hate.

Z

Zeke67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Completely situational

It depends completely on the situation at the time. Of course everyone slows down when ITM is near that’s normal. Once you are ITM, TIME IS MONEY!!! That extra time you spend CAN/WILL make you money. Every second can earn you money. That extra 10 seconds may jump you up 1,2, or multiple payouts. Some people hate on those who utilize their full time bank. That one jump in payout can be a substantial amount of money!! So why rush? Your goal is to win and make money so why not increase your amount of winnings by simply slowing your play down? It’s really simple AND profitable!! You may not be playing the current hand BUT you can still influence your overall outcome by SLOWING DOWN! Just my opinion.
Oh, and me personally, I use my time bank when I need to analyze the situation a little bit longer. And yes I do slow way down once we are close to ITM!!

sarjdgo

sarjdgo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on the situation of course.
I play satellites very fast, there are a lot of fish and overlay, but when im near the bubble or ITM, i think twice before makin decisions.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always play fast and I don't like when others take forever to decide.

W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play fast -- I use the time to consider my play while my opponents are betting . . . I like to think slow play is due to slow processors -- I think intentional slow playing is both on the pro circuit and online in minimal games is a ridiculous strategy, disrespectful and poor sportsmanship. But with that said, I never let someone's lack of timeliness disrupt my game.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
For basic hands and decision you should just make your action. 72o like you need to thing about it. This being said its OK to use your time to make a decision if needed. There is just no good reason to time out every hand from the 1st hand dealt until the last hand played.

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
At the beginning of the game I try to play faster, to play more hands. Then it goes from the situation I find myself at the table.

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes is good use the time when the "itm" is comming... hehehe
but everybody hates the slow player who consume all time avaible...
Its only 2 cards brow! pls! hahaha

For me if I'm not stalling pre-flop because of the bubble (especially in satellites) I only play slow:
  • When looking at notes on players left to act or action behind.
  • When considering if a marginal hand is an open shove vs. raise based on position.
  • When trying to feign weakness over calling or to induce a raise/call.
Post-flop it's always situational, but in general I always give myself time to think before making any decisions apart from an easy fold.

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
sometimes in difficult hands it is necessary to take your time anyway, professionals do it. I'm a rookie but I also do it ... when you think you're bluffing and you try to make a hero call when you think you're winning, they are situations with a lot of adrenaline.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Getting near the money, slowing down while others get eliminated, is a genuine tactic.
There are a few no lifers who deliberately use all their time from hand one. They probably have other niggles too. It is their idea of fun.
They would have no friends and be single.

dannywaves

dannywaves

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only use the time when im thinking strategically lol but not all the way, only half way MAX

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Getting near the money, slowing down while others get eliminated, is a genuine tactic.
There are a few no lifers who deliberately use all their time from hand one. They probably have other niggles too. It is their idea of fun.
They would have no friends and be single.

lmao!! Best answer ITT. (OK, I only read 2 so far..... but still, gonna be hard to top)#

Yep, ITM clock run down. I do it, especially SS.

Otherwise, see above quote.

For all of you that let the clock run down just to let it run down (not ITM clock run-down, not SS trying to survive etc), you suck.

Bennoda

Bennoda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
more often I play fast, but now understand that this is probably a huge mistake as for me I need to use the timer think about the enemy's hand about my hand use the turn and so on and then make a decision

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
more often I play fast, but now understand that this is probably a huge mistake as for me I need to use the timer think about the enemy's hand about my hand use the turn and so on and then make a decision

Just to clarify what I meant in the post above yours, I am not speaking of these types of situations. If you need time to make a decision, that is always legitimate.

I was only speaking of people who let the timer run down just, well, cause......

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you need to think about it, I use the time. I can pull time at the pre-final. I often see this with other players.

D

dukgen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're trying to draw out the timer in hopes other players fall out, then hopefully your table will grow impatient. Just hope it doesn't put a target over yourself.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depending on the situation of course.
I play satellites very fast, there are a lot of fish and overlay, but when im near the bubble or ITM, i think twice before makin decisions.

If you're on a bubble of a satellite and you see players stalling, using their timebank, that's a sure sign they understand satellite strategy, which it sounds like you're one of those.

For me I always play fast so that I can play many hands. Even if I play fast or slow. Still same results. I don't aim for ITM. I aim for the WIN! Good luck at the tables.

What about if you're on the bubble of a satellite? Would you still play fast?