Using the TIME or just play fast always?

Using the time or just play fast?

• Play fast brow! slow players are noobs

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Use all time is possible to favored me

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • balanced (explain)

Votes: 20 51.3%

• Total voters
Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play fast, you will make more mistakes.

So in that sense, I would prefer if everyone plays fast :).

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes is good use the time when the "itm" is comming... hehehe
but everybody hates the slow player who consume all time avaible...
Its only 2 cards brow! pls! hahaha

The time bank is a valuable asset if learned how to be used properly. Many times, I have time banked for the purpose of knowing that my seat would be moved if another table had a bust out and I was approaching the BB. It's worked many times and I'm not ashamed to use this tactic one bit. :)

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The time bank is a valuable asset if learned how to be used properly. Many times, I have time banked for the purpose of knowing that my seat would be moved if another table had a bust out and I was approaching the BB. It's worked many times and I'm not ashamed to use this tactic one bit. :)
You can get banned on a lot of sites for doing that intentionally lol

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I have few chips and the bubble is close, I use my time bank to get into ITM !!! In other cases, I need extra time only if I have a difficult choice and I need to think !!! In any case, the player can play as he sees fit (if it is not prohibited by the rules) and I treat this with understanding !!!
Good afternoon.Totally agree with all your response mate!

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you actually tried that or what makes you so sure about it ...
This is from wsop House rules. I heard about it in a video on Youtube somewhere. I never attempted to stall out but I know people have had warnings/bans for doing it.

"Sit Out" Feature
The "Sit Out" feature is only intended for use in order to take short breaks between extended periods of play during "ring" games. It is not intended for use while no play is taking place at the table, or for waiting on players to join or leave the table. WSOP.com reserve the right, at our discretion, to take action against players using the "Sit Out" feature excessively. Players who repeatedly abuse the "Sit Out" may have their accounts terminated and WSOP.com may withhold any funds that are present in such account subject to approval by the Nevada Gaming Board.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is from WSOP House rules. I heard about it in a video on Youtube somewhere. I never attempted to stall out but I know people have had warnings/bans for doing it.

"Sit Out" Feature
The "Sit Out" feature is only intended for use in order to take short breaks between extended periods of play during "ring" games. It is not intended for use while no play is taking place at the table, or for waiting on players to join or leave the table. WSOP.com reserve the right, at our discretion, to take action against players using the "Sit Out" feature excessively. Players who repeatedly abuse the "Sit Out" may have their accounts terminated and WSOP.com may withhold any funds that are present in such account subject to approval by the Nevada Gaming Board.

I think you misunderstood my tactic.

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you misunderstood my tactic.
No I understand, I just have definately heard about people getting banned or warned from excessively tanking. This is a forum post I just found on a guy who got banned apparently for doing it to much.

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/...-cartel-division-members-reported-me-1669758/

This letter is classic lol,

"Hello Karl-Joonatan,

On the 10.04. you acknowledged our Terms of Service to not delay games.

We have found you deliberately stalling/delaying a tournament again in tournament #1932865005 - taking very long for almost every decision, no matter how obvious the decision.

In our last email we informed you that future violations may result in further action against your account.

We have therefore decided to suspend your account until the 18.06.2017.

You may contact us after this date to have your account reinstated.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Tino
Stars Support"

Could be a bogus forum post but I've definitely heard multiple times about people being warned/banned in regards to intentionally tanking during tourneys.

L

Lolocomondo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes my decision needs more time to be made and others not. I also use more time when bluffing and if it works i change it when i have a strong card. I try to play with opponents thoughts and sometimes it works as hell.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No I understand, I just have definately heard about people getting banned or warned from excessively tanking. This is a forum post I just found on a guy who got banned apparently for doing it to much.

That post is 10 years old, and pokerstars have changed their TOS since then. Today in 2021 it is not against the TOS of PokerStars to "stall" in tournaments, and you will not be committing any violation by doing it. It is against the TOS of ACR though, so as I said already, read the TOS of a poker site, before you start playing here, and make sure to not break them. If you find the TOS unacceptable, then dont play.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is from WSOP House rules. I heard about it in a video on Youtube somewhere. I never attempted to stall out but I know people have had warnings/bans for doing it.

"Sit Out" Feature

The sit out feature is for cash games, where players can take a break and then return to the same seat without paying the blinds and antes. Stalling in tournaments means, a player is sitting in, but he is deliberately taking as much time as possible for every decision to slow down action at his table to increase the chance of making it past the bubble or a payjump in multitable tournaments.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Do whatever works for you.

In some cases stalling might be the optimal thing to do.

One instance where stalling can be especially beneficial is late in a satellite where stalling will help to make the blinds increase which can put some stacks in jeopardy and force them to get it in, enabling oneself a better chance at winning the ticket.

Even the top pros will stall in these spots if it's optimal.

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The sit out feature is for cash games, where players can take a break and then return to the same seat without paying the blinds and antes. Stalling in tournaments means, a player is sitting in, but he is deliberately taking as much time as possible for every decision to slow down action at his table to increase the chance of making it past the bubble or a payjump in multitable tournaments.

I misread the WSOP rules, I haven't slept in 2 days.

But really, you're going to explain what the word "stalling" means to me, and act like you're smart.

It's like wow.

You are the most annoying kid. Every post I make, is you basically saying the same thing as me, but saying it in a way where you try to make me look wrong and stupid.

It's like my OP, was some sites ban people for stalling intentionally, and they do.

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Almost never you need time

Usually you don’t need time for you bet.

Sometimes you need think more you tree-bet, raise or re-raise you need play fast.

C

ChinoBl1ng

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely don’t act fast bc it’s goona be a lot easier putting you on the hand depending on the texture of the board. If your calling fast or betting fast. It usually means you like the board or if your calling then you like the board and you can play off of that.

Hope that helps

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/...-cartel-division-members-reported-me-1669758/

This letter is classic lol,

"Hello Karl-Joonatan,

On the 10.04. you acknowledged our Terms of Service to not delay games.

We have found you deliberately stalling/delaying a tournament again in tournament #1932865005 - taking very long for almost every decision, no matter how obvious the decision.

In our last email we informed you that future violations may result in further action against your account.

We have therefore decided to suspend your account until the 18.06.2017.

You may contact us after this date to have your account reinstated.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Tino
Stars Support"

Could be a bogus forum post but I've definitely heard multiple times about people being warned/banned in regards to intentionally tanking during tourneys.

Yep...you misunderstood.

D

Dhembhe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Using TIME or just always play fast?

I use time when I want to mislead opponents

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to balance my time. In the low blinds I only use all my time to tick off the bingo players. I find this tilts them and they are more likely to call when I get a hand I like. When the blinds start getting very big I may use more time to decide if I am willing to risk my chips on a decent hand that would be a snap call on the lower blinds.:D:D

ferocious

ferocious

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if i have very few chips i play slow in the bubble otherwise i play fast

P

Phalanxxx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play fast but sometimes when I have to take a tough descision I take
my time ......

psycodelic1

psycodelic1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play like 4 sec late in every hand to not get read by fast folding because they can get you .... so always i time 4 sec minimum

Blackchipp

Blackchipp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very nice people! thanks for all replys!

S

Scroooob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes is good use the time when the "itm" is comming... hehehe
but everybody hates the slow player who consume all time avaible...
Its only 2 cards brow! pls! hahaha

It is their time bank, they can use it. next question