Unwanted Table Hopping

Jericho1991

Jericho1991

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
PG
Chips
I've been playing on 888 poker for just over a year now and whats annoying is that when I'm winning, I get transferred to another table. Recently I was playing in an 888 tournament and I was winning and in a really good position when it happened again. I was moved to like 8 different tables and I missed more than 8 hands actually. I lost momentum and the position I was in and eventually got busted and didn't win anything. Is this normal?

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Welcome to Cardschat Jericho,
I think this is pretty normal on any poker site. When people bust out from tournaments the software usually places players equally so all tables would have approximately the same number of players, and the stacks in the table would be closer to each other.

Jericho1991

Jericho1991

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
PG
Chips
Thank you for the insight sir. That makes sense.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Welcome to Cardschat Jericho,
I think this is pretty normal on any poker site. When people bust out from tournaments the software usually places players equally so all tables would have approximately the same number of players, and the stacks in the table would be closer to each other.
This would make sense if it happened once, but OP is describing table-hopping which is multiple table switches in a row without letting you play any hands. Is that still normal to you?

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been playing on 888 poker for just over a year now and whats annoying is that when I'm winning, I get transferred to another table. Recently I was playing in an 888 tournament and I was winning and in a really good position when it happened again. I was moved to like 8 different tables and I missed more than 8 hands actually. I lost momentum and the position I was in and eventually got busted and didn't win anything. Is this normal?
Totally normal, this happens even live. I already lost a few times during live table transfer. In my perception this is because you are winning at your table and exerting pressure, and you are used to the tendencies of the players at your table. When you change tables, you lose all information and continue with the impression of dominating the table, when in fact you are blind to the standards of the new table. one piece of advice is to slow down when changing tables and pay attention to new players.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This would make sense if it happened once, but OP is describing table-hopping which is multiple table switches in a row without letting you play any hands. Is that still normal to you?
this happens rarely, and in hyperturbo tournaments usually. when many players fall consecutively. so the relocation is faster. sometimes it happens to be in a constant exchange.

Jericho1991

Jericho1991

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
PG
Chips
Good point. When I'm moved to another table, I had to wait for the other players to play one or two hands before I join. I mean why not let me sit out or just one hand instead of two? I feel its not fair.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good point. When I'm moved to another table, I had to wait for the other players to play one or two hands before I join. I mean why not let me sit out or just one hand instead of two? I feel its not fair.
it depends , on your position at the table before the table transfer , when you start on the button you have one hand left unplayed .

Jericho1991

Jericho1991

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
PG
Chips
Totally normal, this happens even live. I already lost a few times during live table transfer. In my perception this is because you are winning at your table and exerting pressure, and you are used to the tendencies of the players at your table. When you change tables, you lose all information and continue with the impression of dominating the table, when in fact you are blind to the standards of the new table. one piece of advice is to slow down when changing tables and pay attention to new players.
Have you ever sat out for more than one hand after being transferred to another table? I watched them play one or two hands before I'm able to join the fun. It was a super turbo tourney so I kinda lost momentum and position fast.

Jericho1991

Jericho1991

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
PG
Chips
Anyways guys I kinda like this cardschat forum. Now maybe I can talk a lot about poker. I'm new on the forum.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have you ever sat out for more than one hand after being transferred to another table? I watched them play one or two hands before I'm able to join the fun. It was a super turbo tourney so I kinda lost momentum and position fast.
yes it has happened to me. I once got through just getting carried over until I ran out of chips, but that's rare and happens more in hyper turbo tournaments where everyone is shorty stacked, and dropping out of the tournament simultaneously. the tables become outdated quickly and relocation is more frequent.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always one table SnG or cash tables. Never a compliant there.

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
It is not totally clear from OP's post if that truly happened eight times in a row or eight times during the tournament? If it indeed happened in a row then it might be a bit odd. Otherwise, getting forced to change tables 5-6 times during a tournament is normal to me.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Table balancing is a nessesary thing in MTTs, because its not fair, if one table has 6 players and another 9. In top of that tables have to be added or removed, as the number of participants go up (during late registration) or down. And in small field MTTs this can sometimes lead to players being moved around a lot, if for instance the tournament is hovering between 4 and 5 tables during late registration. Someone bust, and a table is removed. Then 2 minutes later a new player enter, and a table has to be added. And so on and so forth.

The players to be moved are picked completely randomly, so sometimes we get moved more than the average player and othertimes less. This is basically just another kind of variance like the fact, we sometimes get dealt many premium hands and othertimes none. So yes getting moved is completely normal, its just part of the game, and it does not happen to OP more, than it does to any of his competitors. Its not some fancy way for the poker site to make sure, OP dont win. In fact they dont care at all, if OP win or lose. They only care about collecting the tournament fee ;)

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It has happened to me recently, when I started increasing my stack and have studied the table and the opponents, just moved to another table! Sometimes it is annoying and pulls you back!

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
the main thing is that you do not lose your vigilance, move to another table nothing to worry about, study the table adjusts to your table and start playing and dragging the game

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually it is not good to bounce around. There are times though like in tourneys where there are valuable individual bounties that you wish you could move around more to get a chance at the bounty

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes it has happened to me. I once got through just getting carried over until I ran out of chips, but that's rare and happens more in hyper turbo tournaments where everyone is shorty stacked, and dropping out of the tournament simultaneously. the tables become outdated quickly and relocation is more frequent.
That should not be possible, as you do not pay blinds or ante when you “sit out”.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That should not be possible, as you do not pay blinds or ante when you “sit out”.
That is true. But it is possible to be bounced around in a way, where you end up paying the blinds more often than other players. Or the opposite.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
This got nothing to do with you winning a hand.
This happens when many people at once are eliminated and the algorythm has to reassign tables all the time.

Jericho1991

Jericho1991

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
PG
Chips
It is not totally clear from OP's post if that truly happened eight times in a row or eight times during the tournament? If it indeed happened in a row then it might be a bit odd. Otherwise, getting forced to change tables 5-6 times during a tournament is normal to me.
actuall not in a row but in a short period of time.

Jericho1991

Jericho1991

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
PG
Chips
the main thing is that you do not lose your vigilance, move to another table nothing to worry about, study the table adjusts to your table and start playing and dragging the game
Thanks for the advice